• Salisbury area

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
  by killerdragon

hello new here I would like to know if any one is near Salisbury NC on the Piedmont Divison area.

by Gadfly

Well, I'm a retiree from NS. I am familiar with Salisbury since I lived nearby (Gold Hill) in the late '50's and early '60's. I guess I got my railroad aspirations as a 10 year old while living there. Dad would bring me to the station while he went to the feed and seed store nearby and I would watch the switchers and passenger trains. You could actually leave your kids alone in those days, believe it or not. In March of 1960 when I was 12 we had several bouts of snow when you just about could count on it snowing on Wednesday. We ended up with almost 3 FEET of snow on the ground that spring. Fun at first, got old QUICK!

I think you would find Salisbury a nice place to live, or in any of the nearby towns: Granite Quarry, Faith, Rockwell, Richfield, or out in the rolling hills of the Piedmont. I liked Stokes Ferry Road, and I still have friends that live out in the Liberty area. Tho I live about an hour away, I would not hesitate to move to Rowan County! I have lots of tracks there! :wink:

Gadfly

by killerdragon

I'll be at the wye in the morning hope to see the group that was there two weeks ago.