Railroad Forums 

• NS job at Macon, GA

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #501343  by C130Mech

I am currently in the air force and looking into a job at NS at Macon, Ga.

I am seeking any information on the company, daily life in a conductor, how they treat military reservist, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
 #571528  by augyardswitcher

Macon (brosnan yard) is one of the major hubs here in the SE. Different seniority districts, you have some that go to ATL, Some that go to JAX, Some that go to SAV and AUG, and others that go toward Columbus. Then you also have the yard jobs. Very hectic in macon, but it gives you the most opportunity to make good money. The trip rates to JAX are some of the highest paying jobs here in GA with NS. Training will be low pay, but you'll have to learn quite a lot. TWC (warrents/authorities), TC, ABS, ect. Dialy life depends on what kind of jobs you will primarily work on. Yard jobs are home every day, where as road jobs to other locations usually have a 1-2 day layover before you take a return train back to your home terminal. I know it's an old post, but hopefully it'll help out.
 #571984  by C130Mech

Thanks for you advice. I have got an interview for a position at Tillman yard here in atlanta.