Railroad Forums 

• Memphis, Pictures

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.

#468898  by nsrayman

that was NS 325.

#470424  by lakeshoredave

good photos. memphis is a really good town to railfan in from what i hear....bridges, various yards, tracks right along the street.

#470913  by Wanderer

Best place to go in Memphis IMHO, is Kentucky Street. While it's technically on only the BNSF Thayer South Sub and UP Memphis Sub, you can see the IC diamond, NS, and CSX transfer traffic from there.
 #471545  by isaksenj

Hi, Brian:

Take a run out to about 20 miles east of the airport along I-240 to State 385 and visit the Collierville Train Museum/Tennessean Restaurant.

http://www.tennesseanrestaurant.com

Diner is former E-L Phoebe Snow diner 769, (sister to EL Dining Car Preservation Society's EL 770/ Lackawanna 470) restored nicely to full operation -- it's the restaurant! Also features a 1937 Wabash ACF boat-tail observation lounge, and a bunch of other interesting stuff!

Consist occasionally goes out on the road, too!
 #1152761  by memphisrrvet.

Look if anyone would like to join me at Kentucky st or wants to start railfanning and wats somebody to show you some of the ropes well you can catch me between the old Werner building and the bnsf tin shanty usually filming or waiting almost every saturday. It just gets so boring wen Im stuck up there with nobody to share the experience with! Haha so pls if you feel like railfanning with somebody that knows the Memphis railfanning scene like the back of their hand just post a comment on one of my posts haha.