Railroad Forums 

• Norfolk Virginia Union Information

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #462058  by musicmarine

Good Evening, I was wondering if there is anyone on here that works out of, or has worked out of the Norfolk, Va District of NS. I just hired out here and I leave for McDonough on the 8th. Was wondering which Union most of the conductors in this area are members of? Also, any other information to prepare me for work here would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks and I am looking forward to working here!!

#465823  by Superglide

I'm not from Va. but I do work for NS a tad farther north. Can't help you much with info from your area but welcome to the jungle anyway!

Keep your eyes and ears open and play by the rules, you'll be fine. Learn your craft first the rest will follow. I've seen way too many orange hats spend more time trying to scam the system than learning the ropes.
Remember, you have no union protection until you come off your probation period anyway and you can be summarily dismissed for even a minor rule violation.

Good luck!