Railroad Forums 

• UP OCS On NS Penn, NJ & NY????

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #1474258  by hazmatmess

So I saw a Reddit post that UP is running their OCS with #1943 as the leader from Conway, through Altoona, Harrisburg, NS Lehigh Line to Croxton NJ. Then making its way to West Point. A acoupld if things mentionedon this post that have me skeptical. They said that the CNW cab signals were replaced with PRR cab signals so 1943 can run west of Chicago but I’ve seen UP leaders on the Lehigh Line plenty of times. Also says the NS crew is chosen but no mention of a CSX crew (wouldn’t they need that to run to West Point if they’re to go up the River Sub?). Then I saw another post on Instagram where they said it was coming in the saw way BUT from Croxton, it’s running up NJT over the Moondna Viaduct. Also, why would UP run their OCS this far east. As much as I would like to see this be true, it just doesn’t add up. Supposedly it’s leaving Chicago on Wednesday, May 30th.
 #1474277  by hazmatmess

Ok. Thanks for that info. Explains why I see UP leaders on the Lehigh Line. So IF this rumor is true, why would UP switch out the CNW cab signals with PRR signals in 1943?
 #1474278  by hazmatmess

Was just told by two reliable sources that it’s scheduled to arrive in Croxton NJ on Thursday evening. Right now 1943 is in Council Bluffs IA attached to the OCS. Going to be an interesting day along the Harrisburg line and Lehigh Line on Thirsday.

Now the question is why? Future Union Southern or Norfolk Pacific in the works????