Railroad Forums 

• We Move Things.....And People

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #1389880  by Gilbert B Norman

This past Tuesday, driving Westward through New Jersey on I-80 at about Mile 40, I noted an NS billboard. The logo of Topper rearing was expected, but the message of "We move things....and people", was not.

While NS of course holds contracts with Amtrak throughout the system, there are none anywhere near that location. I cannot think of where NJTransit operates on NS rails, but alas, I could well be mistaken.

The big surprise is that NS acknowledges that there are passenger trains on their rails.
 #1390023  by speedbird

NJ Transit operates Port Jervis service on NS rails, contracted by Metro-North. Not too far from milepost 40 on 80 in New Jersey, just a little off to the right when traveling west.
 #1390026  by Gilbert B Norman

Mr. Speedbird, no way can one stop and take a photo of it....and live to tell about it.

Jersey drivers don't seem to be too worried about "fines doubled" in 65mph zones.