Railroad Forums 

• Is NS still making a major investment in Philly Navy Yard?

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #1296158  by phillyrail

I am about to start conductor training for Norfolk Southern and have been researching the company's operations in my home area of Philadelphia. There are two terminals that I should be working out of, one in King of Prussia and one in Morrisville.

The one article I keep seeing over and over is one from 2009 talking about Norfolk Southern announcing an "11 million dollar investment" in an intermodal terminal at the Philadelphia Navy Yard. The trainmaster at the hiring event didn't seem to know anything about operations taking place there, and isn't a yard that NS is working out of.

I can't seem to find any information about this other than the initial announcement back in 2009. Is this a project that died somewhere along the line? Or is it still ongoing with a possible future competion date? Here is a link to one of the articles: http://www.nscorp.com/content/nscorp/en ... avyya.html

Thanks to anyone who can help quench my knowledge about this!