Railroad Forums 

• NS Chicago line Toledo-Waterloo

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #1216233  by Milepost484

I am going to be in the NW Ohio area for a few days this coming week and wanted to see operations on the NS Chicago Line primarily between Toledo, OH and Waterloo, IN. When is generally the best times for heavy volume of traffic on the line and good small towns to sit and wait for trains such as Edgerton, Bryan and Butler. I've been along the line before and was rather impressed with it, but it was a short period time and didn't get to take in the full volume of traffic since it was a whirlwind tour of rail lines in Ohio, Indiana and Illinois at the time.

Thanks for any help and recommendations.

Carter - Greenville, SC
 #1218083  by charlie6017

Good morning,

I do not live in the area, but I have to think that you'll see a whole bunch of train activity at
just about all times as all East-bound traffic from Chicago and NS' large-capacity yard in Elkhart
for points East will travel over this line.

Hopefully someone that lives nearby can elaborate more, but I would think you'll see a whole lot
of trains! :-)

Charlie
 #1218085  by charlie6017

After reading your post again, I see I'm answering this a little too late.......I hope you
weren't disappointed with the action you saw! ;-)

Charlie