Railroad Forums 

• speeding on Cayuga Lake Line?

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #97789  by dyardmaster1

Here we go, let's get engine numbers and call the railroad officials. Do you think we really care what you have to say.
Ever heard of an event recorder. They are checked at random to evalute the crew's performance. A train crew is not going to risk their jobs by speeding. This is the MODERN rail age.

I`m editing this post.

Len

#97877  by washingtonsecondary

If rail fans start ratting out crews for what they think are railroad infractions, withouth really knowing if they are or not, crews will start to become hostile towards railfans. Maybe then rail crews should start ratting out railfans for possibly being on railroad property? Where will it end?
 #97881  by jg greenwood

dyardmaster1 wrote:Here we go, let's get engine numbers and call the railroad officials. Do you think we really care what you have to say.
Ever heard of an event recorder. They are checked at random to evalute the crew's performance. A train crew is not going to risk their jobs by speeding. This is the MODERN rail age.

This has been edited out..
I strongly recommend you re-read my post. You misunderstood my.....tongue in cheek suggestion. Failure to do so might possibly create cranial inversion.
 #97955  by Matt Langworthy

WOW! Please pinch me so this nightmare can be over! :( I hope that when someone posts a comment or question here, he/she realizes it may have an effect on railroad employees. Remember, they have families and bills to pay, too. And as fans, shouldn't we do everything in our power to keep the good faith that usually exists between railroaders and fans?

And I don't say this from inexperience. A few years back, I heard some misinformation and passed it along to a rail magazine. Imagine the crow I had to eat after that debacle! I still feel guilty about it, even though it was done with the noble intention of supporting the parties involved...

Moral of the story: stick to what you actually know (i.e. the facts) and know when it's appropriate to post an opnion.

#98203  by Conrail Cleveland East

These kind of questions shouldn't be asked at all.I've sat back and watched Terry C ask such questions.I really think that he doesn't understand the outcome of such,so-called "innocent"questions.Asking/guestimating and making statements,can make it really hard for a train crew.Dyardmaster1 was right.These questions serve no purpose at all.With Homeland Security on alerts,this madness needs to stop(especially,when some goofy questions are meant to build up post counts).Why was the train going it's speed and it's contents are Railroad business.In this transportation industry,we must watch as well as giving out some information.Terry C,i hope this will stop,cause you can make it hard for a lot of good people.As a result of this post,did you get that train crew in trouble and were they questioned? Please think before you type.For every action,there's a reaction....

#98237  by washingtonsecondary

Ummm Yeah, I saw this train doing about 88 mph with a Delorean being pushed in front.. What was that all about?
 #98356  by Matt Langworthy

I guess I was just trying to be polite w/ my statement so we won't have to read these irresponsible statements anymore. I was listening to the Ed Schultz radio show today, and he made a comment about bloggers and similar folks on the Internet not necessarily having to answer for any misinformation they post on the Web. Although he wasn't referring to railroading, I think his point applies here. The Internet has become a sort of alternate news source and history book all rolled up into one easy access package. The unfotunate thing about TerryC and his ilk is that he won't get punished for his post, but some poor NS guys might have to go thru the ringer to prove their innocence. Lawyers' fees, anyone?

This forum ain't hard news. It's not a race to put a "gotcha" out there first. We need to remember- this is just our hobby, as much as everyone of us loves it. The only people who need to worry about train speeds are dyardmster1 and his fellow NS employees. Let's leave it to the professionals...

#99020  by TerryC

I see no need to say anything. I have the right to remain silent.

keep searching keep finding
 #99116  by Matt Langworthy

The reason you're seeing these replies from Conrail Cleveland East, dyardmaster1, Noel Weaver, washington secondary and myself is that accusing a train crew of speeding without hard evidence is blatantly irresponsible. Someone else might have to pay a price for something you can't verify, while nothing happens to you.

Don't forget: the federal regulatory environment is not very favorable to railroads in light of the GSX crossing problems that led to a fatal accident in Rochester last year. Spreading safety rumours doesn't help anyone.

#99158  by Noel Weaver

TerryC wrote:I see no need to say anything. I have the right to remain silent.

AND MY FRIEND, IT WOULD BE THE BEST IF YOU DID REMAIN SILENT.
Noel Weaver

#99220  by jg greenwood

Noel Weaver wrote:
TerryC wrote:I see no need to say anything. I have the right to remain silent.

AND MY FRIEND, IT WOULD BE THE BEST IF YOU DID REMAIN SILENT.
Noel Weaver
OUTSTANDING, Mr. Weaver!!!!!!!!

#99226  by Schuylkill Valley

People please reframe from using theses kind of Bad words

Thank you.
Leonard

Ps this thred from here on will be lock. I`m ashame of you all, We are all adults lets start showing it.