Railroad Forums 

• Oil Trains (RJMA / MARJ, OI-x, etc)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1317524  by MEC407

I didn't see any pumpkins at Rigby this morning, so I'm guessing it's still in NH unless anyone can confirm otherwise.
 #1317525  by KSmitty

I wouldn't worry too much about transit time. According to the guys on RailsNB, Irving/NBSR has been storing oil cans in McAdam. Loads. 100+. Its cold, oil won't flow, so the rack is backed up to the tune of a unit train or more. This will get there when it does, and probably sit for several days until they can get things to drain.

Personally, I'm hoping to see Irving (which seems to be having some power shortage problems) 'borrow' the -9's and use them on the road trains between Oakfield and Saint John for a couple days. That would be fun to see!
 #1317528  by KSmitty

MEC407 wrote:I didn't see any pumpkins at Rigby this morning, so I'm guessing it's still in NH unless anyone can confirm otherwise.
Yep, still in NH.
 #1317532  by carchecker

You are correct Smitty. There are actually over 150 loads of oil in McAdam Yard right now and they have tied up three tracks in their hill yard so there isn't any rush for more oil at this point.
 #1317559  by MEC407

Off-topic:

If any of you have concerns or complaints about anything I've posted on this site, please bring those concerns to me directly. My inbox is always open. As a moderator I would afford you the same courtesy and respect.

I made a comment that was lighthearted, and it was intended as nothing more than good-natured humor, but apparently someone misinterpreted it. To the person who was offended, I apologize. I wish I could apologize to you directly but I don't know who you are.

We now return to our regularly scheduled program.
 #1317565  by KSmitty

carchecker wrote:You are correct Smitty. There are actually over 150 loads of oil in McAdam Yard right now and they have tied up three tracks in their hill yard so there isn't any rush for more oil at this point.
Thanks,
I thought I'd read the number was up that high, but then I also saw 115...They must be on more than 2 tracks now?

Thats a rather large backlog, surprised they don't have a way to heat the oil, or keep the rack area warmer. Its New Brunswick in February, gotta figure cold is a reliable occurrence.
 #1317571  by ereuter

690 wrote:Swamscott St in Newfields... or 17 miles from state line.
They spent quite a bit of time trying to sort out a switch problem at CPF 273. I think they probably hoped to get farther.
 #1317584  by 690

ereuter wrote:
690 wrote:Swamscott St in Newfields... or 17 miles from state line.
They spent quite a bit of time trying to sort out a switch problem at CPF 273. I think they probably hoped to get farther.
That makes more sense, since they should have very easily made Rigby at least, if not further.
 #1317728  by murray83

Was in Saint John this weekend and stopped by the Tim Hortons across from the unloading rack and the island yard seemed full of tanks more than useually so the info on McAdam yard seems clearer now.

also noticed more slugs painted up NBSR green couldn't see numbers but the original 008 was at the crossing and 2 more worked the yard.

That CN train derailment on Saturday near Timmons was heading for Saint John might make more residents nervous along the Sussex sub
 #1317753  by KSmitty

murray83 wrote:also noticed more slugs painted up NBSR green couldn't see numbers but the original 008 was at the crossing and 2 more worked the yard.
Believe they have been numbered 001 and 002.

They've also painted one of the HLCX 9XX GP38's into Irving green. Should still be lettered HLCX, but it should be around a while...
 #1317979  by ereuter

Saturday's oil extra is finally on the move from Newfields. They recreweed around 2 pm, then spent a few hours getting it unstuck, then waited for traffic to clear, recrewed again, and are rolling.