Railroad Forums 

• Portsmouth Branch Activity

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1502153  by Jonathan603

Are there any updates on whether track will be run past Patterson Lane?

Also, I went to Bloody Point today and checked out the old Newington Rail Depot. Very nice and interesting. Glad it is on the National Historic Register.
 #1503004  by Manalishi

Dick H wrote:I have not been able to find a photo of the Portsmouth Station in the modern era.
Here's a shot of the last Portsmouth station from a collection I bought last year. Dates from 1957. Looking north to Maplewood Ave.
 #1503655  by arthur d.

They're around. BTW, that's looking RR east, if you want to be technical, the camera is actually aimed SE
 #1503676  by Hux

Interesting advertising on the wall. The middle of the three is for Smokey and the forestry service. The right shows NATO (relating to the two military bases in town?)
 #1503952  by Hux

Also notice over the door: Bus Terminal, Restaurant, News Stand. Now if they could only fix that swing bridge in Newburyport, install a few miles of rail, get some coin from the fine folks in Concord..........it'd be like the good old days
 #1503972  by Jonathan603

We can dare to dream I guess! I got some drone video of DO-1 yesterday I hope to upload to YT later. It picked up a reefer from Highliner around lunch time and then did some work at Boise before heading back up the branch with 1 reefer, 3 CB and 3 box I believe.
 #1504036  by Hux

Nice video, and great stills of the train at work. Drove over the big bridge this evening and noticed three boxes spotted at Boise. Also drove by the yard in Dover, which had a rather large gathering of tank cars
 #1504161  by Jonathan603

Thanks! There are some tank cars at Rockingham too, they have been there for a few days. Also looks like a tamper or regulator there too. I think they are sat on the woods track but could be on the siding. Not sure what they are there for.

There was a track car last week at Schiller too.