Railroad Forums 

• Status of the GP7s and GP9s

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1435564  by F-line to Dudley via Park

gokeefe wrote:What does Pan Am have left for GP7s?
The 7's were sold off years ago...zero left. It's just the two GP9's now. I think even the stripped hulks of some of the other parts-cannibalized GP9's that were sitting in Waterville for years have been carted off at this point.
 #1435613  by oibu

THREE Gp9s, unless something happened to 72 recently.

Only two are heritage units. Although I would kind of say that in 2017 any GP9 still working for the present ownership of its original buyer, in a paint scheme that hasn't been applied to any locomotive in about a decade, and without any major modifications to either physical or mechanical configuration since it was built, qualifies as a "heritage unit" too!
 #1435615  by 690

Two. The 72 is done for (aux gen and fire), and is being stripped of parts to keep the 52/77 going. Also, the 72 was the only surviving GP9 without a major rebuild, both the 52 and 77 had been rebuilt by the B&M on the early 80s with 645 power assemblies and other upgrades. 77 is LUGO right now at Waterville.
 #1436059  by MEC407

690 wrote:77 is LUGO right now at Waterville.
77's vacation was apparently short-lived, per this photo by Wayne Johnson taken on Saturday:

http://photos.nerail.org/s/?p=238608" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1482915  by ereuter

I visited Heber Valley Railroad today, the buyer of the 3 GP9s. I had a nice talk with the executive director, and he said they expect them to ship out next week.
 #1483753  by b&m 1566

what happened to all the post from this year?
 #1521449  by thebigham

Bill Gingrich reports that 51, 62 and 71 were scrapped at Waterville in September.

72 is still in Waterville awaiting shipment to Utah.