Railroad Forums 

• CSX Power

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#64665  by mick

CSX
Last edited by mick on Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

#64685  by CSX Conductor

Is this anything to do with the derailment in Lyons over this weekend? Or is it simply to give them more time to strip the engines of parts? just kidding. I see that Guilford bound traffic is up on the B&A lately. Also there have been rumors, quite a while ago, of CSXT & Guilford running a van train from Portland to the B&A.
 #64770  by wolfmom69

CSX power has been showing up at Rigby for about 3 weeks now. Saturday, 3 SD-40s came in during the afternoon,PH-1s crew brought SEPO in. Power was "said" to be going out : around 5PM,on RURJ. Guilford does seem to be quite short of "working power",even more than usual. Be interesting if a van train ran into Rigby.as Waterville IM facility has been down for a month. Guilford did recently pave an area,with 4 new stub tracks in the old "car repair" part of Rigby,and it is being used as team tracks for unloading covereds into trucks;MIGHT be enough room there to handle some "pigs". But- "Guilford Dedicated Intermodal Train" is an oxy moron"; BAR,MEC,&B&M didnt have much luck either when they tried it,as Maine truckers work cheap,just so they can be self employed and "free". Bud :wink:

#65047  by johnpbarlow

When NS coordinated intermodal traffic to Waterville was suspended a month or so ago, I thought it was because it was much quicker to haul trailers between Waterville and Ayer over the road rather than by train. Given Portland is ~ 2 hours from Ayer by highway and given it takes GRS 2 hours just to haul trains 30 miles from the CSX main at Worcester to the GRS main at Ayer, I'd be surprised if CSX thought such a service would be useful, unless this would free up significant intermodal capacity at Worcester and Beacon Park.

#65067  by CSX Conductor

As I posted earlier, this was just a rumor, just like mostly everything else we hear.