Railroad Forums 

• Pan Am Worcester Main Line

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1472597  by leviramsey

Was driving through this morning and thought I saw Keolis MOW crews at the Sterling St. crossing in Clinton (with POSE stopped close enough to the crossing to activate both it and the Mill St crossing in Lancaster).
 #1472797  by jaymac

~1030/05-15-2018, a CDL-size hyrailer with Big G markings was transitioning -- on? off? -- at the easterly end of the Shrewsbury Street -- MP X6 -- crossing. A half-hour later a TT unit with PAR markings with ties was sitting at the southwesterly side of the Temple Street/Rte. 140 --- MP X7.8 --- crossing, a mini Great Wall of Ties already in place.
 #1472897  by jaymac

0704/05-16-2018 was the Time Effective for Form D G-309 Line 4ing MP X25 to Burncoat in charge of TC 1322, Foreman Jones, at West Clinton. There'll be EB activity at some unspecified time this afternoon. POSE's G-303 was fulfilled at Burncoat 0651.
 #1474054  by Lentinula

Saw a commuter train in Burncoat last night, long train of 2 level cars pulled by one MBTA engine and one bright blue one I didnt recognize (not Pan Am). Neat to see a passenger train through there. Wish there were more.
 #1474058  by KSmitty

The T's normal route between the North and South sides is closed for some bridge(?) work and so they are using Pan Am's Worcester line to shuffle equipment. The blue engine was probably a GMTX GP38-2. I believe they have a couple of those leased right now. Did it look something like this? -> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File ... X_2146.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1474064  by GP40MC1118

There are four GMTX lease units: 2608, 2622, 2635 & 2636. One or two on the Northside Work Train.
One for this diversion edition of the Readville Switcher. One may be used in Readville Yard off and on.

D
 #1474071  by Lentinula

KSmitty wrote:The T's normal route between the North and South sides is closed for some bridge(?) work and so they are using Pan Am's Worcester line to shuffle equipment. The blue engine was probably a GMTX GP38-2. I believe they have a couple of those leased right now. Did it look something like this? -> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File ... X_2146.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yep thats it!

I wish the MBTA would utilize the Worcester Main.

I'd love to be able to take the train to Clinton / have the option to head into N station
 #1496327  by jaymac

Dunno what it means, but ~1400/01-09-2019, CSXT 5368 plus an obscured trailer was dark about 100' W of the Burncoat Street crossing with a train that was well shy of New Bond. On the Greendale siding sat the Herzog equipment and KCIRs 7655(W) and 7620. Pre-0500, D-3 had spoken with a CSX crew about a power swap and a tied down an uncrewed train.
Anyone know why KCIRs are south of MP X25?
 #1496384  by CPF363

jaymac wrote:Dunno what it means, but ~1400/01-09-2019, CSXT 5368 plus an obscured trailer was dark about 100' W of the Burncoat Street crossing with a train that was well shy of New Bond. On the Greendale siding sat the Herzog equipment and KCIRs 7655(W) and 7620. Pre-0500, D-3 had spoken with a CSX crew about a power swap and a tied down an uncrewed train.
Anyone know why KCIRs are south of MP X25?
What is a KCIR?
 #1496390  by neman2

I'm assuming KCIR's are some sort of Jay mac acronym for Pan Am 7655 and 7620. I have heard POAY trains approaching Ayer question District 3, "are we running through to Worcester? ". So I assume for whatever reason Pan Am still operates sometimes over this line. It's all very confusing and I don't claim to know what goes on these days on this line.
 #1496436  by jaymac

Got tired of keystroking "KittyCatInRecovery," so went to "KCIR" to ID any ex-CSXT power that had gotten a paint-through/over for CSXT IDs, but hadn't gotten a NewBlue repaint, nose repaints of any hue still being "KCIRs."

So -- looking for PAR consistency continues to be folly...
 #1496490  by CPF363

How often since CSX has been running up to the Hill Yard have ST crews run trains down to Barber? Are ST crews completing power swaps at Greendale again?

Does anyone know where train symbol "AER" goes or what that is?
 #1496755  by johnpbarlow

CSX B728 Worcester-Ayer-Worcester turn has been running since mid to late November forwarding Q426/Q427 consists to/from PAR interchange at Ayer.