Railroad Forums 

• Pan Am's Heritage Locomotives

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1472761  by johnpbarlow

I guess the Heber Valley 2-8-0 is still undergoing restoration? In addition to three steam locomtoives, Heber Valley RR has a fairly eclectic collection of diesels (including an ex-UP GP9):
- Ex-Union Pacific EMD NW2 No. 1011
- Ex-Union Pacific EMD NW2 No. 1043
- Ex-Union Pacific EMD GP-9 No. 296
- Ex-USATC EMD MRS-1 No. 1813
- Ex-United States Army Transportation Corps Baldwin (rebuilt with a Caterpillar prime mover) RS4TC-1 number 4028
- Ex-United States Army Davenport 44-ton diesel-electric locomotive No. 1218

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heber_Valley_Railroad
https://hebervalleyrr.org/
 #1475218  by b&m 1566

Have the 3 GP9's been shipped out yet?
 #1475353  by b&m 1566

backroadrails wrote:I don’t believe they have been shipped since there are not 1,000,000 posts on the Pan Am Railfans group on Facebook.
That is very true.
 #1480107  by b&m 1566

I'm hearing chatter about the 3 GP9's being shipped out by the end of the month; has anyone else heard the same thing?
 #1480136  by backroadrails

This isn’t verifiable right now but according to a comment on Facebook the Gp9’s aren’t going to Utah. Herber Valley couldn’t come up with the money to truck them to their line so they backed out. I have no idea if this is true or not but if it is I guess I beat everyone to it.
 #1484861  by b&m 1566

Are there any updates on the GP9's? Are they going to Heber or someplace else?
 #1484969  by KSmitty

Heber still.

They are doing some work to install bump stops to help keep the couplers aligned. Most roads won't ship equipment without alignment control couplers these days, once thats taken care of they are supposed to be shipped out.

They have been relettered, I believe to RCPX, for the move.
 #1485073  by b&m 1566

RCPX - Southern Illinois Railcar
I had to look that one up. What do they have to do with Heber?
 #1485076  by Backshophoss

May have been involved as a "broker" to allow interchange to UP Provo Ut yard .
Herber Valley is isolated from the rest of the national network.
 #1485221  by KSmitty

They are lettered RCPX.

Gotta have some reporting mark for interchange. Neither were properly labeled for interchange as they were both technically still ST units, but displayed no ST marks outside the cab. Just as easy to use someone else's marks, and as was said the mark's owner may be involved as a broker, or as a contractor to handle the move. Or their mark may have simply been available for use...