Railroad Forums 

• B&M classification of traffic from CSX

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#50686  by BR&P

When CSX delivers to the former B&M at Rotterdam Jct these days, where is the train re-classified? Am I correct Mechanicville is just a wide spot in the road, and the cars go farther east? Thanks!

#50715  by johnpbarlow

Hopefully somebody more knowledgable than I can give a crisper answer but I believe the traffic east out of RJ gets reclassified at the GRS E. Deerfield yard. It may be that CSX pre-blocks GRS traffic bound for RJ to destinations beyond E. Deerfield, such as Rigby yard in Portland.

etc

#50935  by Noel Weaver

A few years ago when most Conrail to Guilford traffic was running over
the B. & A. to Worcester then up to Ayer, Guilford traffic for the most
part to main terminals was being classified at Selkirk. I don't know what
they are doing now but I suspect that most of it is being classified at East
Deerfield although I might well be wrong.
Noel Weaver

#51508  by CSX Conductor

Whether it's blocked at Selkirk or not, they should be happy it gets over the B&A. :P

#53502  by BR&P

Thanks to all - I was watching a couple cars given to ST in error. They were returned to CSX within a couple of days - I had fears they would be much longer than that but they came right back.