Railroad Forums 

• PAR Business Train (ST 100, 101, 102 & 103; PAR 1 & 2)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#703898  by MEC407

And for those without Trainorders accounts, here are some shots from NERAIL:

http://naphotos.nerail.org/show/?order= ... ey=Brianba
 #704122  by MCER401

Yes, they look awful. The "phase 1" paint would have looked great. But I agree, even the Guilford paint looked much better. Pan Am admitted in their news letter that they went with the "blue dip" because it is cheaper and quicker, and it shows.
 #722759  by MEC407

Apparently the business cars have received some paint modifications/enhancements:

http://naphotos.nerail.org/showpic/?pho ... 610678.jpg
 #722791  by Mikejf

Too bad the guy who took those photos didn't get nailed for trespassing. I happened to drive by this afternoon while those pictures were taken and noticed that the shot of the cars and/or the entire train was taken from beside the main. In a Vehicle. On the Ballast. Railfan or not, knowing where the trains are or not, we should never trespass while taking photos. Great photos can be achieved without the need to trespass.
 #722840  by Dick H

According to a posting on another list, the railroad police were on duty
at the train and the photographer was granted permission to photograph
the train. He noted the policeman was very professional and generous
in allowing him to get the photos. Always best to get the facts before
casting aspersions.

Dick
 #723036  by Mikejf

Well if that is the case, that is great. But it is not mentioned in the photo that was linked. Perhaps the photographer should include the permission in every photo. May seem boring to repeat the text, but very easy to do. Some of us don't have time to sit in front of a computer all day and look at lists.
Mike
 #723042  by newpylong

miketrainnut wrote:Well if that is the case, that is great. But it is not mentioned in the photo that was linked. Perhaps the photographer should include the permission in every photo. May seem boring to repeat the text, but very easy to do. Some of us don't have time to sit in front of a computer all day and look at lists.
Mike

Does it really matter if we know if he had permission or not?
 #723262  by bmcdr

Business Train taking fuel at Lawrence, estimated time of departure was 2pm, due to arrive at Boston at 240pm. The train will be wyed and set on the "Valley' track at BET for the overnight.
 #723345  by Mikejf

newpylong wrote: Does it really matter if we know if he had permission or not?
It may not matter to some, but it may to others. It looked to be a very dangerous spot to me when I went by. I can't believe they gave permission to drive on the ballast like that. I believe in safe railfanning without trespassing.
Mike