Railroad Forums 

• PAR Business Train (ST 100, 101, 102 & 103; PAR 1 & 2)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1525793  by Dick H

I don't recall any public excursions with the OCS. However, they have opened the train to
public walk-thru's on a few occasions. One was in Freeport ME. I did the walk thru, went
to the end of the line for a second look. I was about half-way through the second time
when an attendant noted he has seen before with a big laugh. Memories. That was
before the dome car and the sleeper were added.
 #1525843  by b&m 1566

I don't recall any but *supposedly they have run a few public/private excursions over the last 6+ years and only the "Sisters" were used to pull the trains.

*I'm only aware of the one charter they ran back in April 2013, I was recently corrected and informed (not on this forum) there were at least two others charters since then.
Last edited by MEC407 on Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: unnecessary quoting
 #1527545  by KSmitty

Full train, with PAR 2 leading. They went west today from Rigby today.

Had an eventful trip down from Waterville yesterday.

They clipped a car at Main Street in Monmouth. They spent about 2 hours stopped downtown. Railroad PD, a couple company F150's and several maintainers vehicles from both track and mechanical departments were on scene. Train was okay-ed west right around 1600.

Heard they also had a minor unrailment in Rigby when they got there, but I can't confirm that.