Railroad Forums 

• PAR Business Train (ST 100, 101, 102 & 103; PAR 1 & 2)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1490516  by MEC407

johnpbarlow wrote:Do any of the other three Pan Am OCS cars have sleeping accommodations or will Mississippi be its first sleeper?
There are sleeping compartments in either 100 or 101, but I forget which one.

Maybe the idea is to remove the sleeping compartments from the existing cars and reconfigure those spaces for other uses. Just a wild guess.
 #1490791  by A215

MEC407 wrote:There are sleeping compartments in either 100 or 101, but I forget which one.
ST100 for sure has bunks. From what I've heard ST100 is mostly Mr. Fink's car. This sleeper was purchased so that guests would be more comfortable and give back more of 100 to Dave.

On a side note to all of this, keep your eyes out this week. I believe the OCS will be leaving Waterville today for Rigby, and at a later time head west to pick up the Mississippi wherever it is on the property currently.
 #1493533  by PBMcGinnis

GHW Bush tribute or not, it is probably wise that the sleeper was not numbered 103. While these cars are ST owned, the potential for people referring to it as Pan Am 103 might be in poor taste.

(For you yungins who don't know...google Pan Am Flight 103 / Lockerbie, Scotland)
 #1493545  by MEC407

Good point.

When Guilford released their first Pan Am boxcar many years ago (long before Guilford Transportation changed its name to Pan Am Systems), someone with a can of spray paint quickly tagged it with "103."