Railroad Forums 

• Boston Paper Board

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#578224  by rb

Currently has 3-4 cars on their spur. I guess they're still going strong.
 #578302  by GP40MC1118

Not necessarily...LA-2 derailed on the switch to BP (via the T-Pad yard) at Innerbelt Road about two weeks ago. This could be residual backup from that incident. Usually they get one or two at a time. There is another car for them up in old Yard 8 (Ontario Northland boxcar) with two Everett scrap loads.

D
 #578378  by Tracer

So is the paper board company and boston sand and gravel the only current freight customers in charlestown?

thanks
 #645647  by Tracer

I havent seen a car on there spur in 4-5 months, anyone know if they are still going to use rail?
 #1046332  by newpylong

Yup, they are back. Got their first loads from CN last week. Been switched a couple times since. Can someone grab a photo... haven't been over there in years.
 #1049564  by bostontrainguy

Checking the satellite maps and their address, I don't see where they have their siding. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thanks.

Wait, I barely see a track heading north to Roland Street between two buildings. I assume that must be their siding.
 #1049569  by BostonUrbEx

bostontrainguy wrote:Checking the satellite maps and their address, I don't see where they have their siding. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thanks.

Wait, I barely see a track heading north to Roland Street between two buildings. I assume that must be their siding.
Yep, that's it.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Boston+P ... setts&z=21

Anyone know when the place on A Street near Bunker Hill CC was last served?
 #1049850  by BostonUrbEx

I got a pic looking down the siding from Roland St, unfortunately I have no way to upload it for now. I could only see one boxcar (blue, with about a foot of white paint at the top) and couldn't see past it.
 #1052367  by csrrfan86

Caught LA-2 with the GMTX #3003 switching them out tuesday night 6/5/12 around 2215hrs.

-Wayne J.
 #1461339  by gokeefe

Just exactly how infrequently does Boston Paper Board take cars? I've heard as little as once a year.
 #1468601  by BostonUrbEx

Wayne Johnson photo of Boston Paperboard's first switch in quite some time (2/3/18): http://www.railpictures.net/photo/654474/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rumor has it, there will be dozens of deliveries this year alone. Quite a change from sporadic deliveries of the past.