Salem Action Alert

Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

steveh

Re: Salem Action Alert

Post by steveh » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:04 pm

Sometime in the past two weeks the line from First Ave in Peabody, all the way to Rousselot, has been completely brush cut, wide open. Anyone know why?

highrail

Post by highrail » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:24 pm

I recall this issue coming up a couple years ago too. My hunch then and likely still a good guess, is that the brush cutting allows access to the overhead power lines in that area you mentioned. I wish it were more than that, like related to service on the line, but unlikely. At the Summit Street crossing there has been a large utility/power pole installed within the right of way sometime within the last few years, so that alone prevents any hope for movement.

Steve

RenegadeMonster

Post by RenegadeMonster » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:26 am

What's going on at Univar?

I noticed all kinds of demolition and construction equipment yesterday. All the outside tanks have been removed.

The two rail cards also have been pulled out.

Return to “Pan Am Railways (formerly Guilford Rail System)”