Railroad Forums 

• Medford/Malden

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#38950  by rb

Went for a big bike ride last night. No cars on the Piantedosi spur, though it seems to have been cleaned up a bit. The Medford Industrial track was totally rusted over and overgrown, with no cars to be seen behind Crystal.

Are these tracks finally dead?

#39158  by ProRail

You won't find ANY freight cars in the northern part of the Boston area this week, neither on GRS or CSXT. Everything was pulled out of the immediate area per the U.S. Secret Service as part of the Democratic National Interruption.

No Sand Train, no local freights to Salem and Peabody, nothing, nada, zilch. Closest place would be Beacon Park on the other side of town.

Glad I don't live near Beantown. From what I have read and heard none of the local shops or restaurants made any money this week. That despite all of the hoopla and promises the politicians made.
Thanks Mayor Menino and the Boston City Council - way to go!!!

I guess the only way the city fathers will ever live this down is if the same thing happens in New York next month during the Republic National Irritation. Yeah - like that will ever happen.

#39460  by eotd

It seems like Piantedosi hasn't gotten rail in at least 18 months, but I guess I'm glad that someone is looking once in a while.

#39556  by FatNoah

Glad I don't live near Beantown.
Hah! This has been the best week to be in Beantown. My wife and I have gone out to eat three times. No lines and great service. We went out in the North End and shared a restaurant with one other couple. Oh yeah!

#39910  by CSX Conductor

However, CSXT's B721 ran as normal between the NEP and Beacon Park Yard.........with a CSXT cop (only visiting if course) on the engine with the crew for the trip.