Railroad Forums 

• Watertown Branch question

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#495607  by F-line to Dudley via Park

Curious as to the state of Watertown Branch activity of late. I walk by the Fresh Pond Pkwy. grade crossing every day and there clearly hasn't been a train through there in well over a month since Chico's Sunoco plowed a giant mound of snow from its parking lot right onto the tracks. Does Newlyweds in Watertown not get any deliveries during winter, or has the deactivation that's been teased for so long actually happened now?

I didn't think anything was imminent because they actually did some ROW maintenance and cleaned up the vegetation around the tracks this Fall.

#495732  by F-line to Dudley via Park

Actually, hold that thought. . .

Walked by the crossing at about 3:30pm today and what's left of the snow mound had been flattened and cleared to the side of the tracks, and the mud that had filled the crossing's grooves was all churned up on the roadway. So something went through there for the first time since before the Dec. snows, and it had to have happened sometime today because things were still undisturbed 24 hours ago.
 #495764  by GP40MC1118

Correct, BO-1 from Somerville with MEC 349, lite engine, went
up the Watertown and rescued 4 empties from Newlyweds today.
Came back around 1230PM.

Dave

#495887  by NellsChoo

This is a topic with a thread 10 miles long. Take a peek at that one and take a side! :wink: :wink:

It still annoys me that I live so close to the branch, but always miss any action because I am at work during the day!!

Dagnabbitt!!! :(

#495969  by l008com

I had seen that huge mound of snow on the tracks back in december. Not even a locomotive could have plowed through that when it was at it's peak. The gas station had to know the tracks are still alive. why would they block them? Do they get in trouble ?