Railroad Forums 

• DNC

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

DNC

#37243  by Stephen

Is Guilford sending down its business cars for the DNC?
Thanks,
Stephen

DNC

#37441  by wolfmom69

Wonder if CSX will send their business train to Boston? Nah,ex CEO,now Sect. of Treasury Fox would be PO'd! :wink: Bud
 #37461  by Cowford

Bud, (Vicente) Fox is el Presidente de Mexico... I think you mean John "$68 million dollar man" Snow.

#37509  by wolfmom69

Yup,had a brain cramp! Was that Snows "Golden Parachute Package" from CSX,the $68 million? Thanks,Bud :P

#37589  by cpf354

With Tim Mellon a member of the ultra conservative Heritage Foundation(which opposes the exisitence of Amtrak, BTW) my guess would be that there's a snowballs's chance in the vent shaft of the Hoosac Tunnel on a July day that you'll see his train at the DNC.

#40660  by NellsChoo

DNC is over!

Long live the...! Oh wait.... let me rephrase that................

#41069  by MEC407

Also worth noting is that Mellon and the Finks are both big contributors to the Bush camp. Very unlikely that you'll see them at any Democrat-sponsored events.

#41072  by MEC407

cpf354 wrote:...a snowballs's chance in the vent shaft of the Hoosac Tunnel on a July day...
Excellent euphemism. I'll definitely have to remember that one. :)
 #71936  by jkrail

Hi Gang:
The DNC may be over (as well as the election) but there is still a story to tell.
First of all, B.N.S.F and N.S. were allowed to place their O.C.S.'s at North Station. I heard that Guilford wanted to put their train there but there was no room for a third train in the station.
As far as a railroad backing one person running for President, think again. They play to both sides of the tracks and donate to each!
C.S.X. was there but hidden over on the dry loop at Southampton St. yards. I have no proof but I bet that the C.S.X. train with two Amtrak locos always kept running and placed out bound were there for a quick getaway just incase they had to get you know who out of there in a hurry!
I went over to check out the C.S.X. train early one morning and was greeted by 15 or so C.S.X. police men in olive drab uniforms with automatic weapons! They were not in a good mood and would not allow pictures of the train.
Thanks....
jkrail
 #71960  by MEC407

jkrail wrote: As far as a railroad backing one person running for President, think again. They play to both sides of the tracks and donate to each!
That may be true of the bigger railroads, but the last time I checked the campaign finance records web site, Mellon and Fink had only made contributions to the Bush campaign.

#72060  by CSX Conductor

The CSXT train was chopped up and left all over. The 2 Genesis loco's and a few cars were left on the Dry Loop at Southampton Street, with a few others in the yard next to the Amtrak maintainance building...and an obersvation car on track # 11 @ South Station. The train was in seperate sections partially due to the fact that some of the cars came and went on trains 67 and 66 over a few different nights.

#72062  by CSX Conductor

The CSXT train was chopped up and left all over. The 2 Genesis loco's and a few cars were left on the Dry Loop at Southampton Street, with a few others in the yard next to the Amtrak maintainance building...and an obersvation car on track # 11 @ South Station. The train was in seperate sections partially due to the fact that some of the cars came and went on trains 67 and 66 over a few different nights.