Railroad Forums 

• "Pan Am Clipper" Newsletter

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#467549  by MEC407

Two new issues of the PAR company newsletter are now available for your reading pleasure:

2007, second quarter: http://www.panamrailways.com/xpress/2007Q2.pdf

2007, third quarter: http://www.panamrailways.com/xpress/2007Q3.pdf

#467591  by ShortlinesUSA

The Q3 newsletter has a nice summary of the work at ED, along with what traffic blocks are handled by which trains.

Mike Derrick
http://www.shortlinesusa.com

#513755  by CN9634

Hey a semi good looking map... :wink:

#513778  by johnpbarlow

And you can now buy retro B&M / MEC wear ...

Map

#513818  by doublebell

Hmmm, the map shows a trackage right connection from Salem to the Western Route. I have not seen one of those recently.

John, the guy in the white car with the wing on back

#513824  by riffian

Did you notice.....not a word about the airline. Is this the first newsletter that dosen't mention PanAm Airways??

#513873  by MEC407

Probably the first time since 1999-ish that they haven't mentioned the airline in the newsletter.

Fine by me. :wink:

#514039  by cpf354

MEC407 wrote:Probably the first time since 1999-ish that they haven't mentioned the airline in the newsletter.

Airline, what airline? :-D

#514126  by NHN503

cpf354 wrote:
MEC407 wrote:Probably the first time since 1999-ish that they haven't mentioned the airline in the newsletter.

Airline, what airline? :-D
And now the DNS for the URL www.guilfordrail.com is not working... State of Maine take it already!? :wink: :-D

Wait now its working....What no cheap shots at NEGS in this issue...?!

#514162  by SLR 393

Amazing the Finkles bother with the effort of a newsletter at all.

#514235  by MEC407

They certainly put more effort into their newsletter than they put into their web site.

#514239  by CN9634

The article says they'll have MEC/B&M clothing available on the website soon. Perhaps they'll redo the website? :wink:

#514240  by MEC407

The ultimate in wishful thinking would be that they'll finally give up on this Pan Am nonsense and change the name of the company to "Boston & Maine Central" or something similar, and that the next round of repaints would feature the colors of the B&M and MEC.

Rrrrriiiiiiiiiight. :wink:

#514927  by cpf354

I think the TWA brand is available, isn't it? I'm surprised New England Central or the P&W doesn't buy it for a pittance and rechristen themselves "TWA Railways"! :wink: