Railroad Forums 

• GRS/Pantedosi Bread in Malden

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#28044  by eriemike

Does the Pantedosi Bread Company still receive closed hopper cars at their facility on Commercial St. in Malden, Mass? I remenmber four or five years ago they would receive a car once a week and it would be delivered on a industrial spur that come off of the old B&M Western Division, now MBTA commuter rail.

#28213  by CSX Conductor

I don't believe so............only industry serviced in the area that I have seen recently is the cold storage warehouse over behind BJ's. off of the same commuter line.

GRS

#28923  by SnoozerZ49

Just to confirm, I haven't seen a hopper at the bakery in a few years. The siding is accessed off an industrial spur at Medford Junction. The cold storage facility is on the old Medford Branch. Also the brick yard on the Western Route at Cedar Park hasn't had any cars in a long time either. It has probably been almost a year since I have see anything on the siding.