Railroad Forums 

• Bath train station may be used again

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#23702  by MEC407

BATH — An inactive train station in Bath could be a stop on a route between Brunswick and Rockland as soon as this summer.

Read the article at:

http://www.pressherald.com/news/coast/040603bath.shtml

#29199  by mainecentral

That's great news :D , since I live 8 miles south of Bath,and railfanning is difficult at best!(My boss thinks I'm nuts because I carry my camera most of the time, and if we're working close to the tracks and we hear long,long,short,long :D -I'm on a full sprint to get the camera and get to the tracks :wink: , but he puts up with me :D ) But, on the other hand, that means I'll need to look for the appropriate passenger rolling stock, since I'm modelling Bath, ME(at least where the "mainline" goes through) in HO scale, as well as the Carlton and Sagadahoc Bridges(they need to be shortened, I dont have 14 feet to model them to scale :( )and Woolwich. Once I finish this I will probably model parts of Brunswick, as well.

#29310  by MEC407

I would love to see photos of your layout when you get it finished! In addition to being a railfan, I'm a bridge fan as well... and the Carlton is one of my favorites.

#31293  by mainecentral

If my life slows down enough for me to actually have time to make more progress on my layout(I still have a loooong way to go, still :( ), I will definitely have some good pics. I'll let you know.