Railroad Forums 

• Location of the GP9's

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1095  by camster202

The GP9's have been moving around lately--I know 72 went up to Waterville for paint a while back, but I thought it came back. Can anyone give me a location on these 9's? I know four are at East Deerfield and four at Waterville, usually.

Also, none left in phase one paint now, since the painting of ST 72...
 #1169  by wolfmom69

camster; who knows? 2 weeks ago I caught 5 geeps working in Waterville area( 1 was working as a road unit). It PROBABLY is safe to assume that there will be several up there to handle the Hinckley,Madison & E.Augusta runs due to the horrible conditions of the tracks. The #25 was on the deadline,between shops & the river 2 weeks ago(& longer). I gotta head up there,from S.Maine,later next week on business,so I will try & do another "recon". Bud

#1203  by camster202

Thanks Bud. As much information as you could get would be appreciated. The latest time I was down at East Deerfield I caught the ST 77, so I know that one's down here.

#1242  by MEC407

ST 45 was at South Portland a week or two ago.

#1245  by bar358

Thursday 15 and 72 were on Sappi-4.
Two weeks ago 52 was working on the locals out of NMJ for about a week.
25 lost its main generator near the end of last summer or early fall.

#1254  by MEC407

Not a GP9, but GP7R ST 12 was working in Wells a month or two ago. It looked and sounded fantastic.
 #1288  by wolfmom69

Just came back from Rigby,and the #62 was there,on the ready track,in the middle of 2 GP-40s. Had come in on a "road job"! Yup,they are still versatile! Bud :) :)

#2407  by camster202

I guess the 62 might have come from East Deerfield, as it's been viewed around that area lately. Does this mean only 51 and 77 are left down here? I think all the GP7's now are in Waterville or NMJ.

Good to know they're still versatile like that! I like seeing all the 9's down here in MA now and then.
 #2821  by mainecentral

wolfmom69 wrote:Just came back from Rigby,and the #62 was there,on the ready track,in the middle of 2 GP-40s. Had come in on a "road job"! Yup,they are still versatile! Bud :) :)
Where in Portland is RIGBY?how do you get there from 295 SOUTH?Tried to find before, but you know how us country bumpkins are once we get to the "Big City". Found the intermodal facility, is it near that?
 #2863  by shadyjay

From I-295 South (from downtown), take Exit 2 (towards OOB) and then the first exit off of that, to US 1. Go north on US 1. A bridge will span the yard, your next right is Rumery Street. Rigby Road is your first right off of that and accesses the yard. From the turnpike, take the Maine Mall Road exit and follow it directly to US 1 North.

I have railfanned Rigby several times. I've never had any problems, as long as you don't stray away from the parking lot (in front of the main building).

-Jay Hogan
 #3016  by MEC407

mainecentral wrote:Where in Portland is RIGBY?
Rigby isn't in Portland. It's in South Portland.

#3330  by mainecentral

Thanks for the directions( my wife wishes you hadn't given them to me.. LOL) shadyjay, they will be MORE than useful!! :D ..... PORTLAND...... South PORTLAND........Hmmmmm ............got the point ,anyway, didn't we????
:D :wink: