Railroad Forums 

• Dear Santa/2019

• Pan Am Southern (webssite: https://panamsouthern.com ) is jointly-owned by CSX and Norfolk Southern, but operated by Genesee & Wyoming subsidiary Pittsburg & Shawmut dba Berkshire and Eastern,
Pan Am Southern (webssite: https://panamsouthern.com ) is jointly-owned by CSX and Norfolk Southern, but operated by Genesee & Wyoming subsidiary Pittsburg & Shawmut dba Berkshire and Eastern,

Moderator: MEC407

#1527679  by jaymac

Dear Santa-
Even if the OCS did get involved in a fender-bender, it's fortunately been a low-to-almost-no-impact year for the folks and equipment of PAR/S. If I want anything, it'd be a lot more of just that type of boredom.
A bit further down the list, how about 1 or mebbe 2 tanks of NewBlue paint? The KCIRs -- not to mention the OldPaints -- would really look like they'd found themselves a home if they, too, wore NewBlue. As we've all been told, there's no place like home for the holidays, but home shouldn't have us wearing stuff that's decades old.
The PTC installation and cutover seemed to go OK, so could some of that sense of progress and accomplishment mebbe serve as a model for speeding things up so Hoosick Junction and points east can go back to being functioning CPFs instead of being just DCS locations?
Speaking of models, could the replacement of the still-OOS Pleasant Street OHB -- MP F345.39 in Gardner, for the less initiated -- not serve as a model for MassDOT tending to infrastructure/public safety concerns?
Things have gotten better, even if a bit too slowly, so thanks.
And just so you know it's really me, could something be done to increase the reach and reliability of radio communications?
Thanks, and until next year,
-jaymac
 #1527771  by johnpbarlow

Perhaps Santa can deliver a couple of on-line Live Rail Cams installed on the old tower at Ayer (accompanied by plenty of flood light illumination to catch the largely non-daylight freight activity)? Daytime freight activity at Ayer has become pretty meager these days and it's rarely worth burning half a tank of gas driving around D3 to find such movements.

Also, I'd like Santa to provide a schedule of upcoming 2020 Norfolk Southern Heritage Unit and Pan Am OCS arrivals at Ayer as well ...