Railroad Forums 

• Trespasser strike in Oakland 08-10-2019

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1516728  by MEC407

From the Bangor Daily News:
Bangor Daily News wrote:A 37-year-old man was hit by a freight train on the Pan Am Railways tracks in Oakland late Saturday evening, police said.

“We’re not sure what happened, but it looks like he was walking on the tracks approaching the train crossing and didn’t make the intersection,” said Rick Stubbert, deputy chief of the Oakland Police Department. “He was LifeFlighted to Lewiston.”

The incident happened on a straight stretch of tracks near the intersection of Oak and Main streets, Stubbert said. He said the freight train was headed west.
. . .
Central Maine Medical Center spokeswoman Kate Carlisle confirmed that the man was LifeFlighted to that hospital and is currently in intensive care.
Read more at: https://bangordailynews.com/2019/08/11/ ... n-oakland/
 #1516936  by MEC407

From the Portland Press Herald:
Portland Press Herald wrote:Police have identified the 37-year-old man critically injured when he was struck by a train Sunday as Drew Roy of Oakland, who was charged with a string of burglaries in town last week.
. . .
“I’ve handled a whole bunch of train accidents in my career,” said Oakland Sgt. Tracey Frost. “I used to work for the railroad police. It takes a long time (to recover). Those are very, very, very traumatic injuries. I’d expect him to be in rough shape for some time.”
Read more at: https://www.pressherald.com/2019/08/13/ ... last-week/