Railroad Forums 

• Steam?

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1513022  by RenegadeMonster

Lol, Brown Acid.

That cracks me up reading this because I just received a promotional record from Bull Moose, 45 RPM / 7" that discusses brown acid is particularly not that good (live recording from Woodstock). It's promotional material for a $800 Woodstock 50th anniversary boxset.
 #1513088  by arthur d.

RenegadeMonster wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:54 pm Lol, Brown Acid. It's promotional material for a $800 Woodstock 50th anniversary boxset.
Sounds like someone found and tried some of that brown acid.
 #1513089  by arthur d.

b&m 1566 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:39 pm Not a chance, that engine wouldn't make it 10 feet before derailing. I'f im not mistaken the driving axles are fixed to the frame, they can't move up and down because the drive rods are one long peace for all 4 axles. The track needs to be perfect as perfect can be for that engine.
Looking at images of 611, I see springs over the drive wheels, which would seem to indicate some degree of vertical movement is possible. However, I'd be concerned with bending those fancy aluminum rods.
FWIW, if I understand correctly, the Strasburg is planning a re-union of their N&W 475 and 611 later this summer. How perfect is their track these days?