Railroad Forums 

• PAR action in Charlestown

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1507545  by ceo

A couple of interesting things I saw from the Sullivan inbound platform this morning, around 8:45. First was PAR heading outbound with some covered hoppers and a few tankers of hydrochloric acid, behind an engine (didn't see it closely) that was spewing so much smoke I couldn't actually see whether it went out the Haverhill or Newburyport/Rockport lines. Looked like the Haverhill, are there actually any customers up that way?

Then I noticed another PAR unit way down at the wye to the Yard 10 lead, pushing something into the wye. It looked like a caboose, but was too far away to tell, and the Orange Line train I got on a minute later was too crowded for me to get a better look. Any ideas what that might have been?