Railroad Forums 

• Tower X

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1492224  by alcohh660

Tower X in Portland is history. It was demolished about 3 or 4 weeks ago to make room for Maine Medical Center's new 10 story parking structure.
It served the Union Station tracks in it's prime. I was lucky to have had my office in the building for the last 3 years or so and really enjoyed the view of tracks 1 and 2 and the Mountain Division (Amtrak Station) switch. I believe it was MP 195.
There wasn't a lot of train activity, but good while it lasted,

S
 #1492406  by alcohh660

Sorry about the redundant post re: tower x. If the Moderator wishes, he can delete this post.

S