Railroad Forums 

• Double Stack Clearance Map - Mechanicville

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1469214  by bostontrainguy

I haven't checked out the Pan Am website in quite a while. Did notice the Clearance Map and noted that the full doublestack clearance stopped short of Mechanicville at "Crescent". This isn't correct, is it? Why is this?

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ ... rances.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1469216  by johnpbarlow

The Pan Am Clearance map is 4-5 years out of date but given that the PAS/NS domestic doublestack IM facility opened in early 2012, the green trackage rights segment over CP from Mohawk Yard to Mechanicville should have been colored red even at the map's posting date of August 2013.

In a similar vein, the May 2016 Weight Limits maps shows PAS limited to 263K max car weight between N Adams and Gardner but IIRC that track has supported 286K max car weight for a year or so. It looked to me that that the hopper cars of the last unit trains destined to Bow seemed to full to the top with coal. But I could be wrong.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ ... eights.jpg
Last edited by MEC407 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: unnecessary quoting
 #1469250  by BostonUrbEx

Another error would be the Western Route Main Line showing cleared for Plate F cars, which cannot be hauled between Washington St OHB #5.0 in Malden and Mineral St OHB #12.6 in Reading. The Washington St OHB actually has a nice dent in the bridge deck's I-beam about the width of a boxcar, hmmm...