Railroad Forums 

• Iron Horse Park

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1460760  by b&m 1566

Do they use the remaining part of the Lexington Branch from the station down to Iron Horse Park, or do all trains come in from the other end?
 #1460801  by Trinnau

Billerica & Bedford, and yes it is in service from the switch just south of North Billerica down to the Route 129 crossing, but you have to flag all the crossings. So they can and do use either direction, all depending on the nature of the work for the trip.
 #1460936  by b&m 1566

I remember when High St. and Rogers Street had flashers, it was the late 90's early 2000's when I last saw them. I know about the B&B but didn't the B&L/B&M make this a continuation of the Lexington Branch? When I was a truck driver for a local carrier back in 2013-2016, I was in Iron Horse Park very frequently, picking up and dropping off for the various companies and never once did it appear the tracks were used, the rail was always heavily rusted with no sign of a wheel ever touching them, no flange marks in the crossings and during the winters the snow was never disturbed, yet it was 50/50 to see a train moving about in the park. I average 1 to 2 visits a week during those days.
 #1461029  by Red Wing

I haven't seen movement on the B&B in a long time. I haven't seen any use through the snow in the last 2 months.
 #1466538  by cpf354

b&m 1566 wrote:I remember when High St. and Rogers Street had flashers, it was the late 90's early 2000's when I last saw them. I know about the B&B but didn't the B&L/B&M make this a continuation of the Lexington Branch? When I was a truck driver for a local carrier back in 2013-2016, I was in Iron Horse Park very frequently, picking up and dropping off for the various companies and never once did it appear the tracks were used, the rail was always heavily rusted with no sign of a wheel ever touching them, no flange marks in the crossings and during the winters the snow was never disturbed, yet it was 50/50 to see a train moving about in the park. I average 1 to 2 visits a week during those days.
Officially and traditionally that track was considered part of the Lexington Branch on the B&M.