Railroad Forums 

• 4k 60p Videos of Pan Am

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1443177  by Vakharn

Hi Guys,

I just picked up a new Panasonic GH5 to replace my venerable Canon HG20. As such, I'm going to be uploading a lot of 4k 60 fps videos of Pan Am in future. I used to post my videos in here but I've been inactive for quite a while so I figured I'd post a new topic in case anyone is interested.

Here's my first video, a couple shots of SEPO two nights ago in Andover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE5KIvIqRo4

I'll post more here as I take them.
 #1445057  by gokeefe

These videos are amazing. Thank you for posting them!

I would be interested to see what you would do with the Downeaster.
 #1445418  by Vakharn

gokeefe wrote:These videos are amazing. Thank you for posting them!

I would be interested to see what you would do with the Downeaster.
Thanks! I believe I captured the Downeaster in a couple of these videos, though obviously freight is more of my focus.

Another new video, mostly night shots with my new f1.7 lens and they came out pretty good. Caught LA-5 a few times and DOBO twice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toeF8YO8DFk

#1446438  by Vakharn

The clouds relented enough to let a vibrant sunset peek through as EDPO left Lawrence yard on 10/7/17. A pink twilight remained to illuminate him as he rolled through Haverhill interlocking. After dark he met his Westbound counterpart POED at Plaistow, where a slow roll-by was performed to check for a fault announced by the defect detector before both trains continued on into the night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZt0xEF77Z0

Last edited by Vakharn on Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #1446443  by MEC407

For some reason, YouTube isn't allowing me to view these videos at 4K resolution, regardless of which browser or device I use. Nevertheless, they look quite spectacular at 1080P/60FPS. Thanks for sharing them. :-)
 #1446479  by Vakharn

MEC407 wrote:For some reason, YouTube isn't allowing me to view these videos at 4K resolution, regardless of which browser or device I use. Nevertheless, they look quite spectacular at 1080P/60FPS. Thanks for sharing them. :-)
It's odd that it wouldn't let you at least try 2560x1440, though as newpylong said it does restrict it based on a number of factors. Glad you enjoyed them none the less.
 #1446489  by MEC407

Right, I thought it was strange also because in the past YouTube has given me the 1440 option on some videos, but maybe something has changed on their end.