Railroad Forums 

• B&M Gawking (District 2 Sightings)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1404187  by Dick H

MBTA Haverhill Bridge work this weekend, 10/8, 10/9.
PAR District #2 should be very quiet, other than possibly
positioning trains at east and west of the bridge for an
early Monday departure.
 #1411969  by Z31SPL

A freight passed under the Rt 107a bridge in East Kingston about 15 mins ago heading west. 3 new blues and a Guilford and all Empskip containers
 #1412125  by Z31SPL

Rockingham Racer wrote:I hear that that's WAAY.
Maybe someday it will be twice as long and double stacked. One can dream :-D
 #1413056  by Z31SPL

Stopped at dunks, then drove over to my local crossing in East Kingston to eat... As I rolled up the signal was already illuminated and I could hear horns in the distance. A few moments later an empty Poland Springs Express came rumbling into view. Perfect timing on this wet Sunday :-) Full size pics here http://imgur.com/a/sLC5y

#1415129  by NHV 669

AYWA with 519 & 3109, and by my count 65 water containers north through Atkinson yesterday as posted by Hayden McSwiggin's video to the PAR Railfans Facebook page. I know this trip is returning empties, but it seems these trains are starting to stretch out ever so slightly.
 #1415717  by gokeefe

What's really new about this is that the trains are now running "containers only" and no manifest freight at all. It will be interesting to see if that trend holds.
 #1419514  by MECFAN

DO-1 / 2 originates out of Portland and heads west to work Dover / Rockingham Junction and then to Portsmouth and returns to Portland.
Same crew can also go east as far as Brunswick sometimes.
 #1419529  by F-line to Dudley via Park

MECFAN wrote:DO-1 / 2 originates out of Portland and heads west to work Dover / Rockingham Junction and then to Portsmouth and returns to Portland.
Same crew can also go east as far as Brunswick sometimes.
Interesting then that they call it a "DO" job instead of a "PO" job. Legacy bulletin cruft from when Dover Yard was a point-of-origin?