Railroad Forums 

• Current PAR/PAS Train Symbols

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1256540  by MEC343

gokeefe wrote:
MEC343 wrote:DO-1 switches mainline customers between Rigby and Rockingham, switches the customers on the Saco Industrial track, and switches customers in Portsmouth/Newington. PH-1 does DO-1 customers on Sundays, and DOBO/BODO Monday-Thursday. They are based out of Dover, NH.
What about the interchange with Maine Eastern? Isn't that usually DO-1 as well?
Yeah, it seems like it's either DO-1 or PO-1 that interchanges with the Maine Eastern.
 #1256572  by KSmitty

Fogg, MEC343 thanks much. Added and updated. CP/CSX connections are nice to have. Thanks for that!

John, I believe the formal symbol is MOBO/BOMO, even though LCT/ECT are used.
 #1256594  by MEC343

PO-1: Switches Deering Jct, Sappi Westbrook.
PO-2: Switches Imerys in yard 6 South Portland, and Merrill's Marine Terminal and NGL in yard 8 in Portland.
PO-3: Rigby switcher first shift Monday-Friday.
PO-4: Rigby switcher Friday-Tuesday, relief for PO-3 and PO-5.
PO-5: Rigby 2nd shift switcher Wednesday-Sunday.
PO-6: Rigby 3rd shift switcher Monday-Friday.
 #1256815  by jaymac

Dunno if it's a one-shot deal or not, but a WB IM holding at 335 told a passing 22K at 0735/03-12-2014 that it was I3K (letter India, not numeral 1) and not 23K.
 #1256837  by KSmitty

MEC343 wrote:PO-1: Switches Deering Jct, Sappi Westbrook.
PO-2: Switches Imerys in yard 6 South Portland, and Merrill's Marine Terminal and NGL in yard 8 in Portland.
PO-3: Rigby switcher first shift Monday-Friday.
PO-4: Rigby switcher Friday-Tuesday, relief for PO-3 and PO-5.
PO-5: Rigby 2nd shift switcher Wednesday-Sunday.
PO-6: Rigby 3rd shift switcher Monday-Friday.
I've now lost the ability to edit the first post (curses forum software...) I'll continue to update my offline list. Hopefully Mr. Moderator will be so kind as to update my first post at the end of the week...

Thank you for the information!
 #1256841  by MEC407

I added the PO switcher descriptions to your first post. :-)
 #1256843  by MEC343

I just realized I gave the wrong description of PO-4. It should have read: PO-4: Rigby switcher Saturday-Wednesday, relief job for PO-3 and PO-5.
 #1256846  by KSmitty

MEC407 wrote:I added the PO switcher descriptions to your first post. :-)
Thanks! Didn't realize that the ability to edit a post timed out...
 #1256849  by MEC407

At some point along the way, that setting was changed in the site software. People used to be able to edit their posts for a much longer period of time. I can't remember exactly why it was changed, although I think it may have been a result of some people who had a habit of saying bad things and then trying to cover their tracks.
 #1256922  by CN9634

The only issue is that a lot of the trains you have listed daily aren't necessarily daily... but rather they take so long to move that you may hear the same train over a few days... An example is the Bucksport jobs.

Also, a lot of extra and relief jobs operate with whatever symbol they can think of...
 #1256924  by KSmitty

CN9634 wrote:The only issue is that a lot of the trains you have listed daily aren't necessarily daily... but rather they take so long to move that you may hear the same train over a few days... An example is the Bucksport jobs.

Also, a lot of extra and relief jobs operate with whatever symbol they can think of...
Is the Bucksport and East today, West tomorrow type of deal?
Any other specifics?
 #1256982  by newpylong

jaymac wrote:Dunno if it's a one-shot deal or not, but a WB IM holding at 335 told a passing 22K at 0735/03-12-2014 that it was I3K (letter India, not numeral 1) and not 23K.
I3k is just a second section of 23K.
 #1257033  by MEC343

atholrail wrote:As of last summer there was a PO7 as well. 3rd trick switcher...
Yes PO-7 is still there. They switch in Rigby for 2 nights and do local work the other 3. I don't remember which days they do what. There is a PO-8 as well. Early morning switcher, Monday-Friday.
 #1257645  by Engineer Spike

I'm not sure if it changed, but Bow coal trains were HNB, withe a number corresponding to how many ran so far in the period of time, likely for the year.