Railroad Forums 

• SD26/SD45

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#9154  by camster202

How are these units doing? I've seen all in the last couple months, but do any of them look ready for new phase II paint, or the deadline?

How about the SD45 681--how's that one doing? Is 684 coming off the deadline? Just wanted to check up on those things, because those five units (and the GP9's) are my absolute favorites.

#9509  by MEC407

I would be very surprised if Guilford repainted any of the six-axle units. But it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility. Stranger things have happened!

#33202  by Xplorer2000

Well, how about someone actually making a model of the SD-26s??? It seems Atlas is going to this fall. On the topic of the SDs, though, Guilford/ST got one CSX SD-35(ST-614) as a wreck replacement for a unit trashed in o a collision on the Susquehanna. What ever happened to it?? I haven't been able to find much about when or where it might have gone.

#33204  by doublebell

ST 615 met its end at Waterville in 1996. It is now razor blades.

John (the guy in the white car)

#33205  by doublebell

Ooops, I meant ST 614.
John (the guy in the white car)

#34209  by LCJ

Good pictures! That's a locomotive you don't find much anywhere else. I hate the paint job, though.

#34337  by JAJ

Xplorer2000 wrote:Well, how about someone actually making a model of the SD-26s??? It seems Atlas is going to this fall. On the topic of the SDs, though, Guilford/ST got one CSX SD-35(ST-614) as a wreck replacement for a unit trashed in o a collision on the Susquehanna. What ever happened to it?? I haven't been able to find much about when or where it might have gone.
The cab of the wrecked unit is pictured below:

http://naphotos.nerail.org/showpic/?200 ... 172006.jpg

The 614 is pictured below:

http://naphotos.nerail.org/showpic/?200 ... 817021.jpg

John got the scrap date on the 614 correct.

JAJ

#34457  by NellsChoo

I can't wait to get one of the Atlas SD26s. Looks like they have a few Guilford units coming down the pike.

#34672  by XRails

They also have out a BAR GP9 and a MEC (pre-Guilford) GP38. A BAR GP38 is expected in August. Atlas is suddenly starting to turn its eye to northern New England!

#35086  by camster202

Quoting LCJ:

That's a locomotive you don't find much anywhere else. I hate the paint job, though

I actually like the paint job. Although faded, it's a throwback to the failing 80's Guilford and connects phase one-present. You're not seeing phase one much anymore, are ya?