Railroad Forums 

• POSE / SEPO (Portland - Selkirk trains)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1332891  by doublestack

Thanks Smitty for the heads-up on the wrong video I posted. I just changed it to the correct one. Also, good feedback on the box cars. I kinda thought CMQ would be the final destination.
 #1332923  by consist

The WRWK reporting mark is on an enormous number of railcars of all types around the continent - boxcars, intermodals, and I'm pretty sure I've seen it on lumber bulkheads as well. (I just drove around the U.S. for three months so I generalize with confidence about the continent.) These types of markings are clearly leased marks rather than the short line building their fleet, although I don't understand what advantage leasing a reporting mark confers these days. (I know it made a financial difference in the countdown to deregulation, e.g. Southern Pacific's gamble with the Golden West Service fleet and leased VCY, GVSR, and CRLE marks.) Another current example is COER (Crab Orchard and Egyptian), a tiny shortline in Indiana, whose reporting mark is on thousands of cars all over the place.
I'll stop here before I veer any further off topic.
 #1339340  by WN&P

SEPO went through Dover today at 5:00 pm. The crew stopped the train at the Amtrak station for about 15 minutes. One of the crew members got out and walked down street for a few minutes, not sure for what. Good sized train

There was tanker with reporting marks DCBX - which google led to Degussa Engineered Carbons - carrying Styronal NX, some kind of dispersal polymer manufactured by BASF. Anyone know where that is headed? I don't ever recall seeing that kind of car before
Last edited by WN&P on Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #1339356  by MEC407

Dover House of Pizza is pretty delicious. I'm sure it's difficult to roll by without stopping. :wink:
 #1373100  by gokeefe

Yeah no kidding. And take a look at the car counts.... 95 manifest, 30 containers on flat cars = 125 cars.

Longest train I've ever counted or heard of on PAR.
 #1373130  by newpylong

It was very common before the mills went kapput in the mid 2000s when I worked there. I had many many 120+ MOEDs. Biggest was 142 cars, 8400 ft 14,000 tons. 3 CP SD40s, 3 ST units. Trains are slimmer now, but seem to run more frequent.