Railroad Forums 

• PAR Locomotive Fleet - General Discussion

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1477235  by atsf sp

Not sure if it has been reported on here but PAR has acquired C40-8Ws as well to standard cabs.

7655 and 7898 were spotted at Rigby on 6/11.

From experience running these to the standard cabs the crews will enjoy these a lot more.
 #1477323  by NHV 669

I believe they got these 3/4 weeks back. Can't seem to find evidence of the PAR Sightings FB page on my devices as of a short time after that. The first mention of them was with the GECX marks, coming over through RJ, if I recall.
 #1477388  by gokeefe

I typically think paint is trivial for freight but it certainly won't hurt Pan Am's corporate image to be able to have the "look" of a Class I or a very large Class II.
 #1483994  by S1f3432

Picked up a copy of the Fall 2018 issue of Classic Trains yesterday and inside is an article about EMD SW-1's. There
is mention of the former B&M fleet- 5th largest at 24 units- and ex-B&M 1113 rescued from Mt. Tom. There is no
mention of Panam 007- anyone know it's status?
 #1484000  by Dick H

The monthly PAR loco report on the Guilford Yahoo Group appears to have ended
with the June report. As I recall, the last report showed the 007 still in service
at Waterville. It is used to shuffle locomotives on the transfer table.
 #1484090  by guilfordrailfan

Dick H wrote:The monthly PAR loco report on the Guilford Yahoo Group appears to have ended
with the June report. As I recall, the last report showed the 007 still in service
at Waterville. It is used to shuffle locomotives on the transfer table.
The Guilford Yahoo Group is no more. HOWEVER, the Guilford IO Group is alive and well. It's the exact same group on a different platform. The group moved from Yahoogroups to IO Groups in early 2018. The PAR loco reports are still posted monthly in the files section of the Guilford IO Group. Check for them after the first of each month. Lastly, MEC 007 is alive and well as the Waterville shop switcher.
 #1492159  by MEC407

I hear they've got six or seven more Dash 8-40Bs on the way.