Railroad Forums 

• Timetables

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1074391  by deeptrax

How do I obtain a timetable for PanAm? If they even make them?

Even a route map/signal post listing/speed listing would be nice
 #1074407  by jr145

You'd probably have to find a used one somewhere. Check ebay, or get friendly with an employee. Although employees aren't supposed to give away any type of timetable or bulletin documents. I've got a PDF version of the timetable in addition to my paper version. Although there's been so many paste overs/write ins that the PDF version isn't even really accurate anymore. Especially when it comes to speeds. PAR puts out about 3-5 pages of speed restrictions every day.
Last edited by jr145 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #1074409  by newpylong

Well, they aren't for public dissemination. That said, I am sure you can find one on E-Bay, etc. I think there was also one railfan-made timetable out there...Joshua Moldover comes to mind as the author.
 #1074432  by markhb

I know of one perfectly legitimate way to obtain a PDF version of a PanAm timetable, dated 2008, which (speed restrictions and the Danville Junction reconstruction aside) should give you a decent starting point.

Go to www.regulations.gov. Search for NNEPRA (it's a smaller result set). One of the dockets found will be PanAm's PTC Implementation Plan (which basically says "Nah ah, not gonna do it," but that's beside the point). Look at the documents PanAm filed in support of that submission; they are all available for download in PDF form.
 #1074998  by bwparker1

Am I missing something, I see one 24 page document, that doesn't have have any track charts, just lists them in the appendix.
 #1075000  by jaymac

markhb-
Thanks for making sure my computer ages quicker!
 #1075073  by kwf

bwparker1 wrote:Am I missing something, I see one 24 page document, that doesn't have have any track charts, just lists them in the appendix.
search on the main page for Pan Am timetables
 #1075107  by deeptrax

bwparker1 wrote:Am I missing something, I see one 24 page document, that doesn't have have any track charts, just lists them in the appendix.
On the PTC page, click the docket number (towards top) and this will show all documents related to PanAm. The timetable is on there. Click on it and hit PDF towards the right side of he page.
 #1075168  by obienick

deeptrax wrote:
On the PTC page, click the docket number (towards top) and this will show all documents related to PanAm. The timetable is on there. Click on it and hit PDF towards the right side of he page.
I didn't see it either ... the only info I found was there were X number of block signals and Y home signals between Haverhill and Portland. Can you post a more direct link?
 #1075195  by markhb

The page for the docket, which lists all submitted documents, is http://www.regulations.gov/#!docketDeta ... -2010-0068 . Click on the name of the document you want, e.g. Pan Am Railways Timetable No. 1 - Appendix 1, not the "HTML" icon at right, and you will come to another page that has the "View Attachment" PDF link to download. Then, download the PDF.

To everyone who found this helpful and voiced their thanks, you're welcome!
 #1075244  by obienick

markhb wrote:The page for the docket, which lists all submitted documents, is http://www.regulations.gov/#!docketDeta ... -2010-0068 . Click on the name of the document you want, e.g. Pan Am Railways Timetable No. 1 - Appendix 1, not the "HTML" icon at right, and you will come to another page that has the "View Attachment" PDF link to download. Then, download the PDF.

To everyone who found this helpful and voiced their thanks, you're welcome!
Awesome, thanks! IDK why I couldn't find it.
 #1075288  by bwparker1

Thank you kindly. I found the items with your help.
deeptrax wrote:
 #1076193  by eastwind

Nice to find this info. Thanks very much!

eastwind
 #1503408  by rustyrails

Can anyone help me out on the mile posts in Ma. I observe the train leaving Burncoat at night, sometimes only light engines. I’ve been a CSX and P&W follower, however, I’ve taken an interest in PanAm. Any help on outgoing and incoming to and from Burncoat would be appreciated. Especially the MP locations. I only know at this time is AY is MP25.