Railroad Forums 

• Gardner Gawking

• Pan Am Southern (webssite: https://panamsouthern.com ) is jointly-owned by CSX and Norfolk Southern, but operated by Genesee & Wyoming subsidiary Pittsburg & Shawmut dba Berkshire and Eastern,
Pan Am Southern (webssite: https://panamsouthern.com ) is jointly-owned by CSX and Norfolk Southern, but operated by Genesee & Wyoming subsidiary Pittsburg & Shawmut dba Berkshire and Eastern,

Moderator: MEC407

#1524004  by jaymac

0320-0540/11-02-2019 -- unlike 24 hours earlier -- was not a time of nearly gale-force rains, so a Saturday trip was made.
The radio busyness started at when D-3 fulfilled Form D G325 -- yes, three-two-five -- to Q426 with CSXT 3743, 0332 being the time effective for G304 to CSXT 6301 with a Line 2 for MP X25 to Burncoat and a Line 12 for Mill Street, MP X18.10. There had discussion about how far 427 would get to go -- Still River -- and whether it would be a live recrew, the live recrew the reason for both Burncoat and the Line 12 in the Form D. Train info was ongoing when D-3 asked POED -- many mores about which to follow -- to stand by, then asking 427 to repeat the train info. The only part that was clear to me was 4920', D-3 acknowledging without repeating.
As it would be revealed, there was track work ongoing between AY and WL -- probably at least part of the reason for the high number of 11-01 G300s -- and D-3 would get involved in a number of convos with TC T669, starting for me at 0337, saying that there was a WB coming shortly and foul time would need to be given up. T669 did that at 0338, and D-3 followed up with POED by saying he'd put the signal in at 312. What happed at 0341? a Single-west-to-1-at-312 241 for POED with the 7622.
In other TC transmissions, D-3 now engaged with the 16024, putting in a 10 MPH restriction for 339-340 at 0344 and confirming that the Foreman would watch the first train over. That train, D-3 advised, would be the 22K currently at 345. Never hear the reason, but given the cold snap, mebbe a pull-apart? The Foreman's Line 4 G302 was cancelled at 0346.
At 0350, the 333 WLs were dark. Given that 22K was well west and POED was well east, it was no surprise that --- the 334 ELs being at Stop -- the 334 1 stagger and 335s would be dark.
While I was WB up Da Hill, a Foreman called out to 22K, naught further hear to, from, or about in short order. 0400 was when an initially-garbling D-3 got on the air, the garble -- probably to TC T669 -- clearing and advising that AYPO was building in the yard and D-3 would need the track back at some time.
As I was approaching the Pearson Boulevard UGB at 0403, Not only were the 345s at Stop, but 22K was crossing over the UGB , the marker east of the 345 ELs at 0409. Given that 22K had a 10 MPH 5 miles to the east, the 345s would stay lit for the balance of my Gardner stay. There were racks on Yard 1 onto the Extension and ditto for 2 and 4.
The Sameoldsameold Ledger entries were the House's brush-cutter and the lower lot's fencing panels and wight bags, but there was R.J. Corman equipment on the House, Corman trucks between the House and MART fence, and a tamper and regulator on the southerly Heywood. If you haven't already seen Chuck Heidorn's http://photos.nerail.org/s/?p=253699 of 10-29 posted 10-30, it'll give you an idea.
On my EB trip, there was D-3 garble at 0416, resolving into "you'll be meeting 22K at 335," followed by saying it was OK if they wanted to stop for coffee. The 335s would be dark, the 334 ELs at Stop, the 1 stagger and -- at 0430 -- the 333 WLs dark, so I continued EB, until the westerly River Street UGB, where the sight of a WB caused a reversal of direction back to 333. The WB seemed to be making good progress, already at the ELs when I got to the WLs. Why? KCIRs 7622, 7485, and 7489 got all seven of POED's cars west on 1 at 0443, slurries the predominant species and the 333 WLs going dark at 0446.
Minutes earlier, D-3 had advised TC T669 that 22K would be coming, so the 2 track would be needed. POED called 22K's marker, the 333 WLs came back on at 0447 with a Clear for 2. D-3 advised 22K he'd cross them over after North Leominster account the track work, and NSs 1173 and 4232 plus CP 8870 got 11 racks and a total of 84 well and table positions -- the rear third or so MTs -- east at 0451.
Post refueling, the 330,8 WBs showed a Clear for 1 and Stop for 2, the 330 WLs at Stop. How do I know the seasons have truly changed? The 330 WLs can now be read from the start of the River Street sag just east of Rollstone Street, as well as the easterly end by the metal fab lot.
The GL and FG WLs were dark. At 0507, D-3 got the crew info from 427's recrew, and at 0509, an illegible KCIR was in the FI-1/2 parking spot. There're were illuminated number boards to the east on West Side -- guessing them to be an ED-9, especially given the brevity of POED.
At 0516, the the EB staggers for Derby were both at Approach -- 22K to the east? -- and 2 covered hoppers were on the RVJ stub.
Somebody was doing car countdowns at 0522 and "AY-4" got heard at 0525. At 0527, D-3 reached out to AYPO with the 7517 to get POAY's train info. What got said was garbled, except for the marker being a CSX. D-3 said that there might be signal trouble at WL. Dunno if it might be timing, topography, or no trouble, but naught further was heard by the 0540 end of listening.
 #1524142  by jaymac

0320-0530/11-04-2019 had more than enough strangeness on the second half of the trip to put this mere mortal civilian at risk of whip-lash.
0320 started out with D-3 giving FI-2 with the 5966 permission to reverse direction from where they stood from the Lafarge Switch to Derby, more about both FI-2 and Lafarge to follow.
With some minor staticky exceptions, things were quiet until 0331 when D-3 fulfilled Form D G301 to Q427 with CSXT 258, they being west and clear of Burncoat and advising they would be tying down at New Bond. Following immediately was a D-3 call to AY-3 with the 7541, asking confirmation that the switch was lined and locked normal for the #1 Main, giving permission on signal indication, and then going into garble mode. Another OK on signal indication came at 0335, this to ED-9 with the 7575 and 7594, they going straight to Deerfield from Camp. More will follow about ED-9.
There were ongoing car countdowns, but with no clear attributable source(s).
At 0347, the 333 WLs were all at Stop, just that being done on1 by 22K with NSs 1005 and 7693. Racks were part of today's train. At 0349, a breaking D-3 would reach out to answer POED with the 7605 a couple of times, POED replying that it hadn't been them. More about POED to -- again -- follow. There was some more D-3 garble, only "AY" and "clear up" clear. The 334 ELs and 1 stagger were all at stop, 22K extending to a bit east of the State Road/Rte. 2A UGB.
The 335 ELs showed a Stop for 1 and a Medium Clear for 2 -- presumably for ED-9 -- even though the 334 2 EL had been at Stop a few earlier. The 335 WLs had no choice but to be at Stop.
Things were quiet on the way up Da Hill, and the 345s were and would remain -- for my brief stay -- dark. Yard 4 was FP-FP with rack loads, 3 more being on the easterly end of Yard 2. The brush-cutter was on the House, as were the tie-handler and carry-car, omitted in error from the 11-02 report. The regulator and tamper were still on the Heywood, the fencing panels and weight bags just to the east. Gone were all the Corman equipment and port-a-potty.
Post offering of thanks, D-3 would at 0411 acknowledge whoever was calling, any immediate developments blocked by Mount Wachusett. At 0420, D-3 would give permission to AY-3 to reverse direction from where they stood on 1 west to AY, and at 0423, D-3 would reach out a coupla times -- without response --to 400.
Today's return was to 335, where the 2 EL was still -- thank you, Deity Of The CPF-345 Dunks! -- at Medium Clear. The east got bright, and ED-9 with KCIRs 7575 and 7594 was west at 0428. Just how short was ED-9? It was light power, a reference to be retained.
At 0435, D-3 -- when I had just gotten onto Authority Drive from Fifth Mass. Turnpike -- got two-way with 400, advising them that there would be another freight -- now approaching 333 -- that should be outta the way in time for them and that they would stay on 1 at FG. My own approach to 333 was just in time to see KCIR 7605 and a NewBlue -- mebbe 10-21 teammate 7518 -- get 27 racks and 46 general west at 0439. The general had a coupla cuts of slurries, isolated wrapped centerbeams, boxes, MT flats, and open hoppers. Dag: When ED-9 runs, they generally do they heavy lifting between AY and 346.
Further east, the 330.8 WBs showed a Clear for 1 and Stop for 2, the 330 2 WL at Slow Clear and the GL and FG WLs dark. At 0453, KCIR 5966 was on the westerly end of LAFX shorties on either the 2 or FME, and at 0500, activity in the RVJ yard prevented a good angle on the probably-dark EB staggers for Derby, but at least 1 covered hopper was still on the stub.
At 0502, there was a generally clear AY-6/D-3 exchange, the clear parts being that AY-6 was ready to go from Fitchburg to Hill Yard with ED-8's light -- yes, light -- power for ED-8, too, for at least part of the power's, if not the crew's trip. The leader ID got garbled, but when clarity returned, AY-6 asked about the pig, hearing they'd be holding cuz AYPO was in the yard.
The rest of my trip was a garblefest, 2 bits of 0515 clarity -- mebbe to or about 22K -- being "333" and "until further instructions."
AY-4? Didn't hear any AY-4 IDs.
 #1524346  by jaymac

The shortness of the 0320-0505/11-06-2019 trip should be taken as proof of the collisions of those confounding variables of bad timing and bad topography, 0320 starting off with D-3 asking AY-3 that the switch was lined and locked for normal movement on the #1 and next giving an OK to proceed on signal indication. Things would remain quiet -- to me -- until 0332 when the 7543 gave what coulda been a garbled update, naught further heard to, from, or about those numbers.
At 0347, the 333 WLs were dark, and the usual pattern of Stops on the 334 Els and darkness on the 334 1 stagger and 335s would follow. From 0351 and for the next few, there would be unattributable Yard Channel garble.
On the way up Da Hill, there was now a flag flying at the Aubuchon building, not the giant of before, but one big enough to let us all know which way the wind blows.
Up Da Hill, the 345s were dark during my brief drive-through. Yard 4 had FP-FP rack loads, rack loads also on 1 and onto the Extension. Dunno what mighta been on 2.The brush-cutter and tie-handler were still on the House, but the tamper and regulator were gone from the southerly Heywood, and the fencing panels and weight bags still awaited removal from the lower lot. AY-3 with the 7622 would get 241d 1 east to 1 at AY at 0403.
The Deity Of The CPF-345 Dunks was in Loki mode today, the post-offering EB straight shot down Da Hill offering only more unattributable garble.
At 0417, the 333 WLs were still dark and further east the 330.8 WBs were both at Clear and the 330 WLs at Stop. The 330 ELs were also all at Stop, despite the minutes-earlier Clears on the 330.8 WBs.
At 0428, AY-3 would get on the air, repeating that they had permission to reverse direction from where they stood and asking if that was correct. Neither response nor repetition was heard, so the Fitchburg platform can be added to the list of Zombie-plus Zones.
Both the GL and FG WLs had been dark, and dark KCIR 5966 was sitting on the west end of covered hoppers on East Side at 0432. A couple later, the Zombieness continued with an AY-?/D-3 convo, clear bits consisting of getting the number of set-off cars and mebbe giving the Train Master a call.
At 0438, the EB staggers for Derby were dark, and a pair of covered hoppers still occupied the RVJ stub. At 0444, there was mush mentioning POED and 7528, followed 2 later by more mush, this time from D-3 to AY-2.
More retentive readers will have noted that there have been no mentions of AY-4 or Q426/427, that being because there had been nothing clearly attributable to them. Ditto for 22K. Before I had left my house, there had been louder-than-a-local power noise, but no Form D cancellation was heard for 426 or 427. 0457 brought silence about Q426 to an end, when D-3 answered them. Anyone thinking that rollercoaster stretch of Rte. 140 just south of the Temple Street/Rte. 140/MP X7.8 crossing is not a Zombie Zone hasn't been paying attention, but in another few hundred feet and few seconds, clarity returned when D-3 told 426 to talk to POAY. Just shy of 0500 and 426 just shy of the Hill Yard? Another entry in The Annals of Precision Scheduled Railroading! Q426 did reach out to POAY, but confoundingly variable topography canceled further reception.
 #1524587  by jaymac

0320-0525/11-08-2019 was another demonstration that a quiet start doesn't always typify the rest of the trip. Quiet was how things were until 0530 when D-3 hedzupped FI-2 that 22K was coming through Fitchburg and the runaround would be after them. In another few, 22K's marker got called, and there will be more about both FI-2 and 22K later.
At 0351, the 333 WLs were dark, and at 0354, D-3 and AY-3 with the 7797 began what would be an extended series of exchanges, AY-3 sounding clearer than might be expected, what with me at 334 and AY-3 mebbe at the Milling. AY-3 advised that they had 2 hours left and hadn't yet taken their lunch. D-3 responded that they would go to the Milling and be cabbed back from there. The 334 ELs had been at Stop and the 1 stagger dark, but Approach came on at 0355. Next, D-3 called out to the LGT with AY-3's crew, advising that 22K was going through Derby and that they were to follow 22K. There was a further discussion involving half the train and a long walk at OX. The reason for AY-3's clear transmissions was now clear.
The Approach on the 1 stagger? It wasn't for a WB, but an EB on 2. A presumed EDPO with elephant-impressionist KCIRs 7489 and 7500 got east with ~58 at 0400. The "~58" is cuzza some mid-train flats, not easy to count with headlights bouncing off the roadside fencing at the intersection of Authority Drive and Fifth Mass. Turnpike. As well as a solo Big G box, there were more TBOXs than I've seen in a long time. There were also mebbe a dozen MT centerbeams, presumed paper-service tanks, and CAI cars. The 1 stagger went dark at 0402, so I went WB, seeing darkness at the 335s.
In more signs of seasonal change, not only were a number of roads treated, but the slope lights on Mount Wachusett were lit.
On the way up Da Hill, there was occasional unattributable garble, possibly car countdowns.
The 345s were dark, remaining so for at least the duration of the drive-through. Yard 4 had FP-FP rack loads, 5 more of the same on the easterly end of Yard 2 and the midpoint of Yard 1 having a few general. The Sameoldsameold Ledger entries continued to be the brush-cutter and tie-handler/carry-car on the House and the fencing panels and weight bags in the lower lot. But wait! There's more! in between the brush-cutter and tie-handler/car-car were a tamper and regulator. Dunno if they were the same ones that had been on the southerly Heywood earlier and also dunno if the tamper, regulator, and tie-handler/carry-car mighta been busy north of the Main Street crossing.
Garble -- again mebbe car countdowns -- was the immediate input on the post-offering EB straight shot to 333, the WLs dark at 0432. in another couple, there would be a breaking D-3 reach-out to AY-5 with the 7622, not much more about which later.
Post refueling stop, the 330.8 WBs showed a Clear for 1 and a Stop for 2, the 330 2 WL at Slow Approach. The GL WLs mighta been dark, but the FG WLs were at Stop, the presumed EFDPO having done just that on 2 in back of the gym. A breaking D-3 had fulfilled Q427's Form D G303 at 0447, more about 427 to follow.
At 0451, the FI-1/2 parking spot was MT, but there were flashing lights in the T engineering yard. Mebbe crews to treat platforms and walkways?
It was D-3 back to 427 at 0453, confirming they were tied down at New Bond and that a local crew would be there later. 0457 was when the EB staggers for Derby were dark and also when there were still 2 covered hoppers on the RVJ stub.
D-3 did get back to AY-5 with the 7622 at 0507. Dunno what AY-5 mighta said, but D-3 turned his attention at 0508 to FI-2 with the 353, giving permission to reverse direction from where they stood and confirming that the Lafarge switch was lined and locked for normal movement on the #2. The next question was whether FME or FMW was desired. FWM being the choice, FI-2 would have to wait for 400 to clear.
22K would be heard doing car countdowns, but their usual chorus-mate, AY-4, had no clear receptions during my trip.
At 0516, D-3 advised the LGT with the 7797 he'd let them know when they were east of WL and that 400 was coming. That was my last clear reception of the trip.
 #1524847  by jaymac

0315-0515/11-11-2019 was no holiday and not just because Keolis was on regular schedule, although things were holiday-quiet at the start.
The first input was visual and at 0327 -- WB black tanks on the Rtes. 12-140/MP X8.7 UGB -- with the expectable audio input from the 7.8 at 0331. What followed was not expected: At 0334, the 7.8 announced "dragging equipment," followed at 0335 with "dragging equipment, dragging equipment, transmission over." There was no immediate Q427 call to D-3, but more will follow.
At 0343, FI-2 with the 353 reached out to D-3, wanting to go from FG with 14 to West Side, not much more about FI-2 to follow. A minute later, EDPO with the 7898 reached out to D-3, advising that that POED had advised them of a broken wheel, so they were stopping to check it out. To save suspense, more will be seen concerning EDPO, but naught would be seen or further heard to, from, or about POED.
At 0347, the 333 WLs were dark, and a couple later, D-3 would get the ID of EDPO's defective car, the problem being on the B end, and asked to hear when things were lined and locked normal at OX. There was more, but the seldom-constant triangulation involving Mount Wachusett was now in an unfavorable phase.
The 334 ELs were at Stop, and the 1 stagger and -- in another few -- the 335s were dark, and at 0357, D-3 asked EDPO if the set-out would be anchored, response unheard.
Up Da Hill, the 345s were and would -- for the few I was there -- remain dark. Yard 1 had loaded racks west of the switch, 2 was pretty well loaded with more loaded racks, and 4 was fairly full of general. The E-W lineup of tie-handler/carry-car, regulator, tamper, and brush-cutter was still on the House, as were the fencing panels and weight bags in the lower lot. Mebbe I missed them on 11-08, but there were a buncha crumpled buckets -- spikes? -- by the MART fence. 0407 was the start of the D-3 side of a convo with 427. There had been a low-hanging brake-shoe, but all was OK. They were on the way to Burncoat and would call west and clear. To again save suspense, I would hear naught further on that front. Mount Wachusett again?
Post offering and EB, there was garble from AY-? with the 7541, frequently on AY-3, but not sure today. 335 was today's destination in case POED materialized. As noted earlier, they didn't.
At 0427, the 333 WLs were dark, and at 0428, EDPO confirmed -- as requested -- that the #2 was lined and locked normal and 2 cars had been set out. Changing topography mushed most of the requested update, only 3450' being clear. D-3 said that he'd put in the Derby signals and EDPO would follow AYPO, now leaving Ayer.
Further east, the 330.8 WBs showed a Clear for 1 and a Stop for 2, the 330 WLs and ELs all at Stop. The GL and FG WLs were dark, and at 0441, the FI-1/2 parking spot was MT. At 0447 and following some Yard Channel garble, the EB staggers for Derby showed an Approach for 1 and a Clear for 2. EDPO on 1? The covered-hopper count on the RVJ stub was now 3.
At 0452, D-3 OKd EDPO on signal indication at AY, asking to be advised if there was trouble so he could contact Keolis. A Restricting got called and rogered by D-3, who asked to be advised of what showed at WL. Dunno -- never heard.
At 0457, came the first of a number of clear AY-4 receptions that included AY-4 advising D-3 at 0514 that Track 1 was clear and they were at East End. 0515? That's when either 22K or a relief AY local repeated 1-2-3 and racks to San-Vel if possible, otherwise to South Track.

OT and like at least some of the participants of this site, I am of a certain age and remember when Veterans Day was called Armistice Day, a day to mark the end of hostilities in the Great War, the World War, the War to End All Wars. May that last yet happen.
 #1524990  by jaymac

0320-0530/11-13-2019 was the sort of time period that made me glad that gawking was the closest I ever got to railroading -- 14° in Gardner and only a couple warmer to the east, that made even colder by a steady NW wind.
Except for a garbled -- D-2? -- Form D, things were quiet until 0332 when D-3 told AYPO -- more about which later -- that it was OK to go ahead, garble next ensuing. A few later came the word that the hind 1 was to be set off on the NC wye. Dunno how long AYPO was, but a walk along the Merrimack? Yummers!
At 0345, FI-2 -- another more about which later -- with the 353 reached out to D-3, whatever response being missed by me. At 0350, the 333 WLs were all at Stop, 22K -- yet another more about which later -- with NS elephant duo 7604 and 7664 having done just that on 1 a bit west. Yes, there were racks and wells and mebbe tables, but there would also be a surprising something else. At 0354, D-3 reached out to AY-6 -- 1 more more about which later -- but Mount Wachusett was now getting in a position to work mischief, so immediate developments went unknown. The 334 Controlled Siding EL and 334 1 stagger were at Stop. The 2 EL, however, was at Approach Medium. The 335 2 EL was at Medium Clear, but whatever equipment move might be happening hadn't as of 0410, so I continued WB, hearing AY-4 -- yes indeed, another more about which later -- at 0412.
Up Da Hill, the 345s were dark. There was general -- including covered hoppers, SSEX open hoppers, and coil cars to the east -- on Yard 4, and Yard 2's view was obscured by rack loads on Yard 1 that extended from just west of the switch to the westerly FP. The House still held the brush-cutter and tie=handler/carry-car, but the tamper and regulator were elsewhere. The fencing panels and weight bags weren't elsewhere. Before the offering of thanks was made, a breaking D-3 reached out to ED-7, confirming that things were lined and locked normal and derails restored.Towards the end of the EB trip down Da Hill, D-3 241d AY-6 with the 7500 1 east to 1 at Camp. There was more, but Mount Wachusett...
At 0435, the 335 ELs were both at Stop, the WB move on 2 presumably complete, and at 0439 came the sounds of 400 doing their air. 0443 was when the 333 Controlled Siding WL went to Medium Clear, 22K still holding.
Further east and at 0446, their was a both-sides-breaking D-3/AYPO convo, sounding like a deets-lost-to-me update, with D-3 adding he'd be in contact with D-2. The 330.8 WBs showed a Stop for 1 and Clear for 2, the 330 1 WL at Slow Approach. The GL and FG WLs were dark, and at 0453 and AY-6 got into a convo involving hazmat residues and FI-2 having added 10 to 13. At 0454, the FI-1/2 parking spot was -- no surprise -- MT, and 2 later, there was a garbled D-3/AY-6 exchange about hazardous. Topography was more favorable at 0458, the time of D-3's fulfillment of Form D G301 to Q427, they with CSXT 2927 being not just west and clear of Burncoat, but also clear of the property.
At 0500, D-3 would give yarding instructions to 22K -- 1 to 2, set off the car to Track 10, and racks to San-Vel. That was also the time that the EB staggers for Derby showed a Stop for 1 -- FI-2? -- and Clear for 2, the covered-hopper count steady at 3.
0505 was a point of interest, both to show the mutability of prior plans and also new priorities. 22K was now to go to 1 to 2 and leave the racks tied on, the trash car to go to the old Ford plant, then -- depending on time determined by commuters-- racks to San-Vel. Dag! That musta been a high-priority trash car! Potential PAR/PAS Traffic Growth indeed!
Naught further would be heard concerning 22K, but an AY-4 car countdown at 0530 ended the listening experience.

Edited for correct traffic growth reference.
 #1525075  by johnpbarlow

Is the MoW gear being used to rehab the track in the yard at Gardner or is it being used on some other project?
 #1525199  by jaymac

0315-0518/11-15-2019 was busy, the reason for the end-point precision to be seen later.
At 0316, D-3 would confer with Q427 and the CSXT 812 about whether they had picked up a car at Clinton Siding and what that car's ID was. Dunno if that was on the 426 or 427 side of the trip, and yes, there will be more about 427.
At 0326, there was D-3 Channel 1 garble with only "ready to give up foul time" intelligible, and at 0347, the 333 WLs were dark. 0349 was when D-3 answered AYPO, that thrice repeated in rapid succession. D-2 then stepped on things by telling someone to give a call from Plaistow. The 334 ELs were at Stop and the 1 stagger dark, as would be the 335s.
Up Da Hill, the 345s were and would -- at least while I was there -- remain dark. There were MT racks on Yards 4 and 2, plus -- as later activity would show -- some unseen general. There were also 2 rack loads on the Extension. The Sameoldsameold Ledger entries continued to be the crumpled buckets to the west and the fencing panels and weight bags to the east of the southerly Heywood, as well as the tie-handler/carry-car and brush-cutter on the House. The only response I have to johnpbarlow's 11-14 question is I dunno. I haven't been in Gardner when MOW crews might be. 0357 had been when D-3 answered AYPO yet again, and again, no further developments were heard by me.
On the post-offering EB straight shot at 0417 came the request for AY-4 to drop the 3, AY-4 being an intermittent constant throughout the balance of the trip.
At 0419, the 333 WLs were dark, and a few later, there was D-3 garble received in the West Fitchburg Zombie Zone, that clearing in a couple when D-3 told POED with the 5973 they'd be working Gardner -- 19 racks from Yard 4, 9 racks plus 5 freight on Yard 2, there being 2 cripples west out to stay in Gardner that would have to be juggled. Also, EDPO was in Gardner, and they'd be meeting at 335.
Post refueling, the 330.8 WBs showed a Clear for 1 and Stop for 2, the 330 WLs at Stop, as were the GL WLs. Why? POED was crossing under on 1 as I was crossing over the Water Street OHB at 0432. The FG WLs were dark, and at 0437, dark and solo OldPaint 353 was in the FI-1/2 parking spot.
Over on 2 at North Leominster, the leader's nose at the westerly end of the platform, sat 22K with NSs 9682, 9739, and 9729, the visi gear on the ground suggesting that a new crew was getting ready to get ready to head east, a guess later confirmed. There were racks up front, but the only rack loads at Gardner had been the pair -- possibly RIPs -- on the Extension. Dunno if FI-1 might later be hauling PWs back up Da Hill. At 0447, the EB staggers for Derby showed a Limited Approach for 1 and an Approach for 2, and there were still 3 covered hoppers on the RVJ stub.
Also at 0447, D-3 answered 427, that being the time that Form D G301 was called fulfilled, D-3 asking whether they'd be tying down at New Bond or going off the property. The confirmation on 427's response was -- you guessed it -- garbled, 0454 being when D-3 acknowledged there was a new crew on board and asked for a shout when clear of Barbers, acknowledgment of that coming at 0510.
At 0513, D-3 got in touch with the 22K recrew, asking if the were ready for a Form D "may leave." The next coupla receptions were from AY-4, but 0516 was the time effective for Form D G304, a Line 13 to leave North Leominster. Next would come yarding instructions -- 1 to 2 to 3, racks to San-Vel, and power back to 2. Unlike on 11-13, naught was heard about a trash car going to the old Ford plant.
Also unlike on 11-13, naught was heard to, from, or about AY-3, unless they had been repurposed as the not-yet-mentioned Loaded Grain that D-3 had talked to at 0402 when he acknowledged the switch was lined and locked normal.
 #1525515  by jaymac

0655-0910/11-19-2019's details will follow after an explanation of a delay of a day and a further delay into daylight. Freezing rain warnings were in effect for 11-18 and still-cold ground plus heavy rain predawn on 11-19 warranted caution.
Even with the delays, so much remained the same that there is even gonna be a -- spoiler alert -- copy and paste of an event reported on 11-15 that repeated itself today.
Things were quiet -- to me, at least -- until Form D G203 to TC 1601 -- time effective 0709 -- Line 4ing 309 to 312. In a not-very-long period of time, D-2 would be up to G210, mostly for the FML, but a couple for the Northern and mostly Line 4s, but Line 2s and a Line 3 would get heard in some of the garble.
At 0723, AY-4 would tell D-3 that Track 1 was clear, and though that's not the copy and paste, it was surprising that it came so late. 7 later, the 333 WLs were dark, and in the usual intervals, the 334 ELs would be at Stop and the the 334 1 stagger and 335s would be dark. There would be garbles on the way up Da Hill, probably some of them D-2 Form Ds, and the rain would change to wet snow.
The 345 ELs and WLs were at Stop, racks on the 2 from a bit west of West Switch to however far east of the still-OOS Pleasant Street OHB. Yards 2 and 4 were pretty much FP-FP with general, both tracks looking like they were waiting for the PW. Included in the mix was a table with hazmat and/or trash containers. Besides the brush-cutter and tie-handler/carry-car on the House and the crumpled buckets, fencing panels, and weight bags either side of the southerly Heywood, there were temporary optimists temporarily waiting in the Jade and lower lots. Post offering of thanks and to keep my OCD tendencies placated, a trip to 346 was taken where the WL was also at Stop at 0805 and the tracks to the immediate east MT. What wasn't MT was some of the space south of the Single and east of the Parker Street UGB. Mebbe I'd missed it in an earlier and gloomier visit, but there was a a good-size Mini-Great Wall of Ties. Dunno if this was the doing of the tie-handler/carry-car and/or the Corman crew that had been in the yard earlier.
On the way EB, there were more D-2 Ds, and at 0821, the 333 WLs would be dark. Further east, the 330.8 WBs would be at Clear and -- copy-and-paste alert with amendments italicized-- the 330 WLs at Stop, as were the GL WLs. Why? POED or ED-9 was crossing under on 1 as I was crossing over the Water Street OHB at 0821.
The FG WLs were dark, and at 0833, TC 1320 reached out to D-3 from east of the FG ELs. OldPaint 353 was sitting dark and solo in the FI-1/2 parking spot, but would reach out to D-3 at 0836, D-3 answering, and FI-1 saying they wanted to go East to West. Next TC 1320 on FMW would get a time-effective-0840 Form D312 -- D-3 had been just as busy as D-2 -- with a Line 2 from FG to 345 on the 1 and Single and a Line 3 for Extra 7575 ahead -- the earlier WB -- with permission to pass stop signals at FG, GL, 330, 335, and 345.
At 0843, D-3 reached out to 22K, the yarding instructions sounding like 1 to 2, without mention of racks. The EB staggers for Derby showed an Approach for 1 and Stop for 2, the probable explanation to come at 0901 when D-3 advised 22K that "they" were a little late and should be coming to Shirley in a minute, the Shirley advertised for 403 being 0856.
0910 was when a badly-breaking D-3 started Form D G313, only "Line 4" being additionally intelligible to me.
 #1525840  by jaymac

For 0315-0515/11-22-2019, things were busy for and on D-3. starting out at 0316 with a reach-out to Q427 with the CSXT 3068, repeated again at 0318, this time with 427 responding. D-3 needed the time that 427 got west of X25.5 -- 0111 -- and where they were -- garbled and unrepeated, but followed by "I'll talk to you soon." Despite naught having been visible a few earlier at or between either the X7.8 crossing or X9.8 UGB, the 7.8 came on at 0325. There would then be some D-3 garble, "22K" and "recrew" being clear, and at 0329 and as an indication of a short train, the 7.8 would give a no defects. To close out 427, D-3 would OK them west from New Bond at 0407, asking for a call west and clear of Barbers, that being acknowledged at 0424. Guessing that the earlier Form D fulfillment had been a casualty of Mount Wachusett.
At 0341, D-3 gave a broken-to-me 241 to AY-5 with the 7552 for ? east to the Single at 312, and at 0344, the 333 WLs were dark, things being the predictable Stops for the 334 ELs and darkness for the 334 1 stagger and 335s. At 0351 -- thanks again, Mount Wachusett -- there was another garbled 241, only "WL" being clear. At 0352, there was an extended period of Yard Channel hash, followed by "Correct."
Up Da Hill the 345 ELs were at Stop, and an EB -- more about which later -- headlight was doing just that, the marker onto the Single at 0358, the same time as another garbled-to-me 241, this to POED with the 7655. An offering of thanks was made, as was a survey of the yard. 4 had a few general from the easterly FP and then racks, more racks on 2, and even more racks on 1 from west of the switch. The Sameoldsameold Ledger entries continued to be the crumpled buckets on 1 side of the the southerly Heywood and the fencing panels and weight bags, and the House still had the tie-handler/carry-car. The brush-cutter had either activated its cloaking device or was elsewhere. At 0401, D-3 told AY-3 they'd hold for POED to do their pickup off Main Street, mebbe an earlier 241 garble.
Despite the caffeine ingestion, rationality ruled, and it was a straight shot to 335 instead of trying to beat the EB to 341 or 333. On the way east came the sounds of D-3 advising AY-3 at 0407 that it ws OK on signal indication, and the 0411 D-3 answer to POED became another sacrifice to Mount Wachusett.
At 0416, there was a broken D-3 shoutout to 22K with NS 1050, and at at 0419, the 333 WLs were dark. At 0420, a now-clear D-3 reestablished contact with 22K. There'd be a cab to assist, and the yarding instructions were 1 to 2 to 3, racks to San-Vel, and power back to 2. D-3 next advised AYPO they'd be waiting for POED to be far enough ahead.
0426 was when the 333 WLs came on with a Medium Clear for 1. That was also the time that D-3 canceled Form D G301 to TC A0651, a Line 4 for ? from Camp to Derby, all equipment being off the track. Next, the west got bright, and KCIRs 5948 and 7898 got 46 east at 0428. There were DREX and other tub hoppers, paper-service tanks, a few scattered MT centerbeams, boxes that included 3 Big Gs, and a number of non-Ciment-Québec shorties on the tail.
Further east, the 330.8 WBs showed a Clear for 1 and a Stop for 2, the 330 WLs at Stop and the marker not yet east, EDPO having called out an Approach at 330 a couple earlier.
Over at the FG WLs, EDPO came to a stop on 2 at at 0441, and a Limited Clear was on the 1 WL. 0442 was when D-3 advised AY-3 they'd be getting a 0600 cab, and 0444 was when dark and solo OldPaint 353 was sitting in the FI-1/2 parking spot.
At 0450, the EB staggers for Derby were dark, and 3 covered hoppers were still on the RVJ stub.
0452 was when some of the yarding activity became clearly attributable to AY-4, and 0500 was when 22K was told a Restricting and back it for 30.
D-3 would next ask POED if they were ready to head west from Camp. They would have no other work to do until Deerfield, 400 was coming up to Derby, and he'd get their update when it was ready. At 0509, there would be more breaking D-3 to POED, among the clear bits being "Camp" and "I know you goys are good at what you're doing, so I'll leave you to it."
0511 was when 22K told themselves it was far enough. A couple later, AY-4 provided more proof of productivity, and 0515 closed things out with "Anywhere there is good, 22K." Never heard if there were any complications for 400, but it was a bit early.
 #1526121  by jaymac

For 0315-0535/11-25-2019, there were items of interest. starting at 0316 with the D-3 side of a convo involving AY-3 with the 7?52. The switch was lined and locked normal at the Milling, they were ready for their runaround, and they could accept signal indication at 312. Naught further would be heard to, from, or about AY-3, but it is possible -- however unlikely -- that they could complete the move to the yard on signal indication. At 0324, there would be some D-3 Channel 1 garble. Given that I was then in a normally good area, mebbe it was West End business.
While in a transit of Mount Wachusett's electromagnetic penumbra at 0334 came the read-back of a 1-east-to-1-at-Camp 241 for POED -- more about which later -- with the 7898, making it sound like a pickup was being completed and further making it sound like today there would be no ED-9, a suppositional more about which later.
There would be occasional Yard Channel hash, and at 0346, the 333 WLs were dark, the usual Stops for the 334 ELs and darkness for the 334 1 stagger and 335s to follow.
More dollops of hash would be served up on the way up Da Hill, the flag at Aubuchon's being horizontal, courtesy of an unrelenting west wind.
The 345s were and would remain dark for my brief stay. Yard 4 was pretty much FP-FP with general, including covered hoppers and an IHB coil car. Yard 2 had rack loads from about the ambulance company to about the easterly FP, and the Extension had a BNSF box. Joining Yard 1 in MTness was the House. Dunno where -- except elsewhere -- the tie-handler/carry-car had gone. For those who can handle only so much change, the crumpled buckets west and fencing panels and weight bags east of the southerly Heywood were still in place.
The post-offering-of-thanks=straight-shot EB was quiet until 0416 and what sounded like a both-sides-garbled POED update and an OK on signal indication followed by more garble. But things cleared up for the 0419 fulfillment of Form D G301 to Q427 with CSXT 3218, they being west and clear by marker of both Burncoat and Barbers. At 0420, the 333 WLs were dark.
Post refueling stop, the 330.8 WBs showed a Clear for 1 and Stop for 2, the 330 WLs both at Stop. Since POED might still be east, a check was made of the 330 ELs, but they were all at Stop. While I was in the Fitchburg station lot, D-3 called out to 22K with the NS 4152 at 0432, OKing them outta North Leominster and giving the usual 1 to 2 to 3, racks to San-Vel, power back to 2, and cab-called yarding instructions. Additionally, it sounded like they might be doing some pulling at San-Vel. The Deity Of The CPF-345 Dunks next showed the full extent of range down as well as up Da Hill. At 0434 the 330 2 EL went to Clear, so I went nowhere. 0435 was the first time AY-4 was clearly IDable, and the lot started getting busy with 400's riders arriving and a sander -- well -- sanding, The predawn east first got noisy and then bright, KCIRs 7898 and 5948 plus NewBlue 7605 getting 44 east of the ELs at 0457. There were Irving- wrapped and MT centerbeams, slurries, a few boxes, and scattered full-size and shortie covered hoppers. If the KCIRs seem familiar, they were on an 11/22 EB.
Over at FG, the WLs were dark, and at 0458, dark and solo OldPaint 353 sat a bit east of the FI-1/2 parking spot, while a bit west sat dark KCIRs 7875 and 7797. ED-9? Dunno.
At 0506, the EB staggers for Derby showed an Approach for 1 and Clear for 2 -- mebbe for the 400 -- and 3 covered hoppers still sat on the RVJ stub. Sometimes the audio input for the rest of the trip would be AY-4, sometimes 22K, they getting the 0535 last word.
 #1526307  by jaymac

For 0317-0535/11-24-2019, both the audible and visible portions of the electromagnetic spectrum were busy, starting with a D-3 0317 shoutout to TC T0655, followed by the same at 0322, followed by D-3 advising AY-3 that he couldn't get in touch with the TC by either radio or phone, but that the Foreman had said he'd clear around 0330, adding that AYPO was working their power in the yard, but he'd try to get AY-3 in the yard by holding AYPO. There was more, but by that time I was in the Boylston-West-Boylston-Line-Rte.-140-Sag Zombie Zone.
0344 brought a both-sides-semi-garbled D-3/AYPO exchange -- they were on Track 4 and would pick up the rest of their train at Harvard and hold, so they should be clear for AY-3, the convo concluding at 0347.
0348 was when D-3 -- garbled to me -- talked to TC 11508, reapplying the lock being the only clarity. 0348 was also when the 333 WLs were dark, the usual pattern of the 334 ELs at Stop and the 1 stagger and 335s dark in effect.
At 0349, D-3 had advised AY-3 that AYPO would be in the clear so AY-3 could do their runaround and shove in the yard, more about which later. There was some Yard Channel busyness on the way up Da Hill accompanied by some D-2 activity at 0359 when he asked BO-2 if they were going to Yard 21.
Up Da Hill, the 345 ELs were at Stop, and in a repeat of a recent event, an EB was at road speed on 1 at the Timpany Boulevard UGB, getting onto the Single at 0406. In other concurrent activity, D-3 had told Q427 to hold on at 0405 and next cancelled TC T0655's Form Ds G318 and G319. More about 427 -- you guessed it -- to follow. Yard 4 had apparently-MT racks, and Yard 2 had general east and at least a few racks west. The BNSF box had been joined on the Extension by a rack to the east, and the Heywood still continued to separate the crumpled buckets from the fencing panels and weight bags.
An offering of thanks was made, the immediate reward coming at 0410 with proof that if dispatchers' plans are etched in stone, then that stone is on the soft side of the the Mohs Scale of Mineral Hardness. D-3 asked AY-3 if it would be possible to save time by giving them a Line 12 for Willows Road. Dunno if the Line 12 was connected to the the TC T0655 activity and equally dunno what AY-3 said, but D-3 then said, "Then OK, tie down in the Milling."
Things were quiet to me on the straight shot EB to 333, where the WLs were dark at 0420. To fill the time before the EB showed up, D-3 gave a garbled 0423 response to someone at 0423, "reroute to recrew" escaping into clarity. The 0425 "roger" to whatever FI-2 had just said was clear, as was the 0431acknowledgment of AY-3 being in the clear, the switch lined and locked normal at the Milling and the derail restored, confirming a cab for the Pine Tree.
At 0438, the 333 WLs came on with a Clear for the 1, the west got bright, and EDPO with KCIRs 7534, 7594, and 7500 got 48 east of the WLs at 0442. In the mix were a coupla cuts of CHUX lidded gons, paper-service tanks, a buncha full-size -- and 1 shortie -- covered hoppers, boxes, and 2 separated MT centerbeams.
0442 was also when D-3 renewed the convo with Q427, actually 426. Were they good for another hour? What about the rercrew? Bring it to MCI Crossing, and let D-3 know when they were on board.
Further east, the the 330.8 WBs were at Stop, as would be the 330 WLs, EDPO making noise for 22K stopped on 2. The FG 1 WL was at Clear, but D-3 told EDPO he'd be holding them at North Leominster for the 400. 0455 was the time effective for Form D G306 to 427 with CSXT 6337 for MP X25 to Burncoat, with a request to call when the recrew was on board, and 0457 was when EDPO was east and clear of the FG ELs. NSs 1050 and and 7250 were 22K's power, an unknown number of racks to the west. To save suspense, never hear aught further about EDPO or 22K.
At 0502, KCIR 5973 was working East Side, and at 0508 with EDPO to the west of the Main Street/Rte.13 UGB, the EB staggers for Derby were both at Clear, and the RVJ stub was down to 1 covered hopper.
The predominant sound for the balance of my trip would be the to and fro of AYPO, D-3 garbling something to AY-4 at 0516. The 0535 last words would come from Q427. The recrew was on board, they had Form D G306, and the update was 44 -- 19x25 -- with 3356 tons and 2716'. Dag -- EDPO had more cars than 427!?!? I know that's EB apples to WB oranges, but still...
Happy Thanksgiving, and may the only turkeys you encounter be on plates!
 #1526477  by jaymac

Yes, 0314-0500/11-29-2019 was a quicker-than-normal trip, but 1 with events. The 0314 point of precision is the time that D-3 called Form D G301 fulfilled, the earlier part of the convo unheard by me. Given the signal level of the responder, it coulda been either 426 or 427, but 1 of the folks in Jacksonville very soon gave the same breaking transmission source the OK on signal indication at CP45 into Worcester Yard, so it would most likely be 427.
To get the obvious outta the way, the LCT was already in D-2 when I started listening, the deets/garbles in the appropriate forum.
Things were quiet until a brief and non-car-countdown reception on Yard Channel at 0343, at at 0346, the 333 WLs were dark, the usual sequential sightings of Stops on the 334 ELs and darkness on the 334 1 stagger and 335s to follow. The cold having returned, the slope lights were back on at Mount Wachusett
Up Da Hill, the 345s were dark, and the cupboard was bare, save for those newer entries in the Sameoldsameold Ledger -- the Extension's separated BNSF box and rack. The longer-term entries either side of the southerly Heywood were still there.
Back down Da Hill, the 333 WLs were still dark at 0416, and further east, the 330.8 WBs showed a Clear for 1 and Stop for 2, the 330 1 WL at Slow Clear. The GL and FG WLs were dark as was solo KCIR 5873 in the FI-1/2 parking spot at 0430. At 0436, the EB staggers for Derby were dark, and 1 covered hopper sat on the RVJ stub.
At 0440, AY-4 got the words to take it ahead, AY-4 providing a few more receptions. 0443 was the start of a broken-to-me exchange between D-3 and AY-3 with the 7552, "AY" and "signal indication" being clear, and at 0453, D-3 would roger whatever AY-3 had just said.
Never heard a word to, from, or about AYPO, despite 427 having gone. Mebbe with the luxury of the yard being open cuzza no 22K, AYPO was going nowhere. Or equally mebbe, they already had.
 #1526629  by jaymac

Given the snowmageddon forecast for 12-02, 12-01-2019 became the first trip of December, 0315-0520 being the coverage period. Things started out at 0315 with a number of unattributable car countdowns, followed at 0325 by D-3's fulfillment time for Form D G301 to Q427 with the CSXT 3037, they being west and clear of both Burncoat and Barbers.
Things remained quiet tome until 0340 when POED with the 7528 reached out to D-3, POED next reaching out to themselves with the call of a Restricting on FG and an OK to back for 30 cars. Car countdowns would follow.
At 0347, the 333 WLs were dark, and the usual pattern of the 334 ELs being at Stop and the 1 stagger and 335s dark would follow. At 0351, D-3 had given an idea of how little impact 22K would have on 2400's routing when he 241d them 1 east to 2 at 312, the earliest -- in my admittedly limited sampling -- I've heard the San-Vel shove start.
Up Da Hill, the 345s were dark, and the yard was a copy of 11-29 -- the BNSF box and rack load on the Extension and no changes either for either side of the southerly Heywood. 22K was already spotting their racks 33 miles east, so mebbe PW racks -- and general -- would be coming in on EDPO and/or ED-8.
The post-offering straight shot EB to 333 was quiet, and the WLs were dark at 0420. At 0421, a breaking D-? told somebody he had talked to the track guys and to hold back. It had been 13° with the Aubuchon flag showing a sharp west wind minutes earlier, so let us give up for the track crew, wherever they were.
At 0429, D-3 241d POED 1 east to 1 at FG, and 1 would be off the air for a refueling stop, after which the 330.8 WBs were at Clear, and the the 330 WLs and ELs, the GL WLs and the FG WLs would all be at Stop. Straddling the the FG EL and WL was POED, 3 -- at least -- KCIRS to the west. The 7595 was IDable, but the more westerly ones were blocked by the power substation slope. To the east, however, were NewBlues 5967 and 5978. Mebbe being cycled to Deerfield? There were racks just east of the power -- quantified over the air at 25 plus 7 articulateds -- hinting that mebbe they'd been a West Side pickup after having been brought there to free up the Hill Yard. If there was anything in the FI-1/2 parking spot at 0447, the view was blocked by POED, which extended however far east.
At 0452, the the EB staggers for Derby would be dark, and 1 covered hopper still sat on the RVJ stub.
Things were quiet to me until 0512 and in the sag at Rte. 140 when D-3 garbled, followed in another minute by D-3 telling AY-5 to stand by, next giving POED permission to reverse direction fro where they stood. At 0516, D-3 would acknowledge that AY-5 had spotted 6 racks and OKd them on signal indication. Dunno if AY-5 had already been inside San-Vel or if they had been doing double duty as 22K, and the next few predawn minutes shed no light on that question.
Be careful out there tomorrow.
 #1526917  by jaymac

0325-0540/12-04-2019 was busy, but not at first, the first being D-3 garble to AY-3 at 0341. There would be more AY-3 activity at 0351, this time both sides garbled, involving switches having been cleaned, but dunno what else. At 0359, the 333 WLs were dark, the usual pattern of the 334 ELs at Stop and the 1 stagger and 335s dark in effect. The path to the 333 WL signal bungalow hadn't been plowed yet, and I couldn't really tell if there were any recrew footprints. At 0408, there were sounds of AY-4 activity, as there would be throughout the trip.
Up Da Hill, the 345 ELs and WLs were at Stop, and that was just the start. There were BNSF covered hoppers sitting on 1 either side of the Timpany Boulevard UGB and loaded racks on the 2 west of New Switch. The BNSF box was still on the Extension, but the rack had gone, and there were more racks on Yard 2. The House and Heywood remained snowed over, and the Main Street crossing will probably need intervention from a loader, as will the entrance to the westerly part of the yard off the the exit ramp for Timpany.
At 0418, the 346.6 came on, giving a no defects, 21°, 2370', and train to slow at 0425. In between and at 0419, D-3 told Q427 -- more about which later -- to stand by, and next began a both-sides-audible convo with the LGT, the power evidently having been obscured by 1 of the Pratt buildings. The recrew was being cabbed from 330, and yes, the LGT could pull down to the interlocking by the gas station. Was it Mobil? No, a Sunoco. Undiscussed was that the 345 ELs were scant yards from the site of the 345 Deity, also the Sunoco site. KCIRs 7759 and 7875, NewBlue 7518, and KCIR 7518 and their hopper buddies came to a halt at said ELs at 0440. Just before that and at 0437, D-3 reached out to AY-6, asking how much time they had, acknowledging that there were marker issues, and asking to be advised of what might happen. A brief convo with a fellow LGT observer revealed that the earlier WB at the 346.6 mighta been POED.
On the EB portion of the trip, D-3 answered Q427 at 0446, asking their location and saying he'd talk to them -- presumably the recrew -- when they were on board, Mount Wachusett's bulk garbling the immediate remainder. Some more will follow.
At 0450, the 333 Controlled Siding WL was still at Medium Clear, 400 having just given themselves the OK to depart Wachusett. 400 was over the westerly River Street UGB before I was under it, and both 330.8 WBs had gone to Stop. The 330 1 WL still showed a Slow Clear. The GL WLs hadn't been shunted yet, but stationary wells were visible on the 2 from the River Street OHB.
Over at FG, the 1 WL was at Clear, and NSs 9134 and 8177 with racks immediately west were sitting on 2, 400 dropping the Clear at 0503. Dunno what mighta been on the 2 east of FG, but a dark and unIDable KCIR was in the FI-1/2 parking spot at 0505, the same time that D-3 repeated a shoutout to AYPO with the 7595, unfavorable topography garbling anything further.
Over at North Leominster, the EB staggers for Derby showed an Approach Limited for 1 and -- no surprise -- a Stop for 2. A total of 3 flats and 1 bi plus the ever-so-spiffy 1032 did the dropping at 0512, close to Shirley advertised. There was still 1 covered hopper on the RVJ stub.
AY-4 would continue to be a presence, including a mutual garblefest with D-3 at 0526 involving "13" and "West Main."
More retentive readers will recall that D-3 indicated he'd be talking with Q427's presumed recrew when they got on board. I never did hear any of that, but at first 0547 and then a bit later, I did hear noise for Temple and Shrewsbury Streets.