Railroad Forums 

• PAR Business Train (ST 100, 101, 102 & 103; PAR 1 & 2)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1517648  by PT1101

The OCS was on the move east this morning. It was alleged they wanted it to be on the move out of Rigby around 10am. I did see it go by Woodville Road near mp188 shortly after 11am. I'm no expert at judging speed, but by the number of shots I was able to take, I'd say they went by just under 20mph.
 #1520383  by johnpbarlow

According to Facebook post from a reliable source, OCS departs North Station Weds 9/18 at 9:30AM heading for Freeport loaded with guests. Should arrive Freeport at 1:00PM with guests de-training. OCS will wye and guests will re-board at 2:30PM and head for Portland arriving at 3:15PM.

Don't know if Doug Boudrow is a participant at Railroad.net but here is a link to an excellent photo he took yesterday and posted on RailPictures.Net showing the OCS near Tower A Boston:
https://www.railpictures.net/photo/7102 ... CFu8_W9PWc
 #1520607  by kilroy

BM6569 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:47 am They should send it down the Lewiston Lower! What a photo op that would be! LOL
Didn't know the train was operating and stumbled onto it by accident. Have a shot of the train passing under the telltales on the first leg of the wye as well as backing up the other leg in Brunswick. Beautiful sunny day. For once the railfan gods were smiling on me.
 #1521192  by kilroy

Last edited by MEC407 on Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: fixed broken links
 #1523141  by markhb

Currently eastbound through Portland, with the sisters providing power and a car I didn't recognize called Gilliford(?) in the consist.
 #1525637  by Red Wing

I saw the OCS crossing the Merrimack River bridge going towards Boston. It then stopped at the old Bradford Station while 214 was stopped at the new Bradford Station.

An unknown freight was stopped outside Bradford Station heading towards Haverhill on the other track.