Railroad Forums 

• Pensacola and Tallahasee operations

• Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.
Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#678286  by atsf sp

Does FEC run any trains to either of these cities? I will be heading to both of these cities and I'd like to see FEC but I'm not able to get to there main bases of operation. I have seen pics of SD40s in Pensacola so how many if any trains run to these places each day?
 #678414  by fire5506

FEC does not run to either of those cities, basically it only runs from Jacksonville to Miami along the coastal cities.
 #678496  by Noel Weaver

Not only does the Florida East Coast not go to Tallahassee and Pensacola but their locomotives rarely travel off line unless
one or more is enroute to or from another RA railroad and then it would probably be in tow dead.
If you want to see Florida East Coast trains you will need to work your way south from Jacksonville and not between
Jacksonville and Bowden Yard which is about 7 miles south.
Noel Weaver
 #678836  by atsf sp

fire5506 wrote:FEC does not run to either of those cities, basically it only runs from Jacksonville to Miami along the coastal cities.
That what I thought and what prompted me to ask the question. Guess the pics were just a good catch for whoever took them. Thanks for the clarification.
 #679529  by 262

Several of FEC's(Former Union Pacfic)SD 40-2s went to sister Rail America line ,Alabama and Gulf Coast.The AG and C runs from Columbus Ms.to Pensacola Fl.This information is several years old so I do not know if they are still there or in the FEC ex UP paint scheme, or still there.
 #686368  by GOLDEN-ARM

Mods Note: The FEC is just that, the Florida East Coast Railway. Operations are restricted to the eastern seaboard of Florida. Topic Closed. :wink:
 #705151  by Otto Vondrak

atsf sp wrote:Does FEC run any trains to either of these cities? I will be heading to both of these cities and I'd like to see FEC but I'm not able to get to there main bases of operation. I have seen pics of SD40s in Pensacola so how many if any trains run to these places each day?
Whenever I want to know if something goes somewhere, I look at a map.

-otto-