Railroad Forums 

• FEC railfanning advice

• Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.
Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#625702  by guilfordrailfan

I'm a railfan from Pennsylvania and will be in Tampa for a week in March. I'd like to see some FEC action but don't have the faintest idea where the best places would be. I've seen some recent nice pictures taken in Bunnell. Since I'm staying in Tampa I'm probably restricted to the area between Bunnell and New Smyrna Beach or thereabouts. Can anyone give me some advice as to where the best places would be to see the most action? Thanks much!
 #627534  by GOLDEN-ARM

Try reading the forum. I counted 11 topics, related to locations and railfanning them. Tampa makes it a kind of stretch, to fan, unless you are going to burn the whole day.
 #627567  by Noel Weaver

March is a little far off right now with all schedules in a state of "flux". Maybe in a month things will have settled down a
bit and we will have a better idea just what we actually do have here.
Unfortunately, the Florida East Coast has been affected by the economy just like most of the other railroads and there are
fewer trains this year than last year or the year before last.
Guess we all just need to "stay tuned" for now.
Noel Weaver
 #627594  by guilfordrailfan

Noel Weaver wrote:March is a little far off right now with all schedules in a state of "flux". Maybe in a month things will have settled down a
bit and we will have a better idea just what we actually do have here.
Unfortunately, the Florida East Coast has been affected by the economy just like most of the other railroads and there are
fewer trains this year than last year or the year before last.
Guess we all just need to "stay tuned" for now.
Noel Weaver
Thanks Noel. I'll continue to read the lists and try to educate myself on what's going on down there. I realize that Tampa (where I'll be staying) is on the wrong side of the state for the FEC, but I plan to devote at least one full day to it. I'll be looking forward to some sunny FEC photos somewhere along the right coast in a couple months...