Railroad Forums 

• New Locomotives On FEC

• Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.
Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#427974  by lakeshoredave

What FEC trains have the new SD70M-2's been running on? Do they still put them on Train 101 or do the Aggregate Trains get them as well?

Lakeshore Dave

#428086  by chrsjrcj

Here is a post I made January 15, 2007:
I just saw that engine today around noon (et). It was going north with rocks (full) and piggybacks (empty). It was moving slow, although I would say it was carrying 150 cars.
The location was Lake Worth, Florida. The schedule might have changed but I hope this helps.

#428110  by Noel Weaver

Most of the time that I have seen the new units they have been on 101
but of course that is always subect to change. I think they go back north
on something out of Hialeah early in the morning but I don't know just
what that train is.
Noel Weaver

#451842  by brickbuilder711

Sometimes, like Noel Weaver says, they do leave Hialeah early in the AM. Usually they do come down on 101, and are hard to see positioned in Hialeah. They leave the next morning, on usually 202, 206, or 208.

I live minutes from the FEC but only caught them twice from that 36th Street overpass.
 #1342931  by boatsmate

I have Been reading on line (several Yahoo groups as well as Trains Mag. that FEC 100,102 have been sold to VTR and the FEO 101 and 103 to the P&W (all 4 are SD70 M's)

Reports are they are still in Jax. are these the first SD 70's the FEC got way back ?? wondering what condition they are in. I assume they are in Good shape as is everything is on the FEC. does anyone know when they are leaving? and what they are being numbered for transport??

thanks in advance

Bill
 #1342953  by Noel Weaver

The four units have left New Smyrna Beach and are enroute north to New England. There were stored at the FEC shop in NSB since being removed from service late last year. They have been well cared for. These were the first four that the FEC leased back when. I seem to think the P & W will prepare all of them for service then the two for the VTR will head for Vermont. I think they will be good power for the P & W and the VTR but they will not be hauling freight trains up there at 60 MPH like they were here on the FEC.
As I understand the leases on the 700's have expired and all will come back to the FEC fairly soon, one already has the 720 is in NSB.
Noel Weaver
 #1342973  by GP40MC1118

Did they really leave New Smyrna Beach?

The CSX trace still shows them there as FURX Wabill reported.
They don't come up under FEC & PW/VTR reporting marks.
Haven't seen any reports of them in transit. Photos or otherwise!

D