Railroad Forums 

• SD70M-2s

• Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.
Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#184514  by ACLfan

Guess that they must have liked the two demo units that were on recently on the property.

ACLfan

#229694  by NorfolkSouthernSean

They ordered 4 SD70M-2 for third quarter 2006 delivery. They are to be numbered 100-103. They have two more on order for delivery in mid 2007.

#230696  by GOLDEN-ARM

I wonder who will be the first one, to post pictures of the new units, here? :wink:
 #291899  by U-Haul

When will these units start arriving? What paint scheme will they have?

STAR TREK 40TH ANNIVERSARY
SEPTEMBER 8TH 1966 - SEPTEMBER 8TH 2006

#291971  by Noel Weaver

The period that I heard some time back was "third quarter 2006". We are
in that period now but I have heard nothing and seen nothing as yet.
Noel Weaver

#293327  by fire5506

I heard from an engineer that it was moved back to the 4th quarter. Maybe I'll be back to work before they come online.

#293625  by GOLDEN-ARM

If you get tired of watching, you could head over to the jetty, for some killer flounder fishing.......... :wink:

#304771  by Noel Weaver

According to the Trains publication "LOCOMOTIVE" the new SD-70M-2's
will be numbered 100-103.
I still have not heard anything as to just when we might see these new
units.
Noel Weaver

#329153  by Nova55

Units are on there way to paint as we speak...

#329252  by Nelson Bay

GA Says:
If you get tired of watching, you could head over to the jetty, for some killer flounder fishing..........

NB Says:
Seems the flounder have stopped biting.... getting some great (2-3) pound whiting however)

#329375  by GOLDEN-ARM

You did try the "thumb" on the jetty, the beach side, about 30 feet out, from the main jetty? A deep hole right there, from the current, and the flounder lie there, in a big long row. Catching almost 40 in a single hour, every cast gets a hit, when you get the right edge, of the hole.............. :wink: Oh yeah, How about those SD-70's!!!! (back on topic..... :P )

#334324  by BillyDee53

There are images of the new paint at the Atlas website. Go to the HO forum. Paint job is supposedly a direct copy of the Alaska RR scheme...kind of a medium, metallic blue with yellow band and yellow pinstripes. Cab sides and ends are yellow, and everything below the frame is silver.

#335023  by dutchboy

Wow those are going to be big units on the road. Im from NY but have seen the FEC many times on vacations. Is there a reason why their painted like that? When i first saw the picture I was kinda disapointed in the paint.. Where does the yellow come from???