Railroad Forums 

• New Smyrna Beach/Daytona Beach

• Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.
Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#1466200  by atsf sp

I will be traveling down to Florida on a family vacation and I am going to work in some railfanning where I can. I am already going to travel on RT1 from Jacksonville to St Augustine and hope to catch some movement on that line. Other than that I plan on driving by the yard/shops in New Smyrna Beach. How much is visible from public property and the road next to the yard? Will I be able to see some engines. (hoping to see at least one FEC loco, only one I've ever seen was on the NECR) Are the higher numbered SD70M-2s still stored and visible?

Also side note I will be staying one Monday night in Daytona Beach. What times would trains usually operate through there since I have done my research and realize the FEC is very nocturnal?

Thank you in advance.