Railroad Forums 

• CSX in Nascar

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1018781  by lvrr325

Just thought I'd mention that CSX has signed on to sponsor the #78 Furniture Row Racing Nascar Sprint Cup team for selected races this season, with a "Play It Safe Around Railroad Tracks" campaign. This is the car driven by Reagan Smith of Cato, NY. Seems like a wierd choice to advertise, given there's not many Nascar fans who are going to be able to turn around and use CSX to ship things. But it means one more CSX paint scheme out there, it looks like the car will also be dark blue with yellow lettering and the [CSX] logo.

CSX actually has a locomotive #78, they aught to bring it in and give it a matching repaint complete with all the sponsor decals -
 #1021613  by waldwickrailfan

Mbta fan wrote:Do you when theyll be on the car? I'm a fan of NASCAR so I'll keep a look out for it.
It should tomorrow in the Daytona 500. However some cars have been getting painted in different paint schemes this week. I am also a NASCAR fan. It's Regan Smith's car
 #1022143  by MBTA1016

Tracer wrote:http://www.regansmith.com/news/2012/022012.html

That's interesting, I like how rights it's just a bumper sticker and not taking place of the black car with a white furniture row logo(not trying to be biased).
 #1022180  by MBTA1016

I spotted the bumper sticker on reagins car before Johnson wrecked badly. Danica drove through two cars spinning on either side of her.
 #1022454  by lvrr325

The release I saw had CSX as the primary sponsor for a few races with the car to be painted CSX blue with logo on hood and quarter panels.
 #1103719  by MBTA1016

lvrr325 wrote:The release I saw had CSX as the primary sponsor for a few races with the car to be painted CSX blue with logo on hood and quarter panels.

I haven't seen that. It's kind of hard not to notice a blue with a big yellow csx logo across the hood.